Topic: Tagging Projects, (or, How YOU Can Help!)

Genjar said:

No idea. It has been discussed a couple of times, but it's one of those things that splits opinions: half of the users say that they're not furry, and the other half disagrees.

And yeah, the wiki is ambiguous. I don't know how to tag them, been avoiding tagging those the best I can. :/

Granberia said:
Many of pictures I see (like orcs) falls under humanoid which is not furry.
BTW what is status of animal_ears? Animal ears wiki states that:
but not_furry wiki states:
So I don't know whether pure animal_ears pics should get not_furry tag or not.

I'm actually not sure the wiki for humanoid should have that part about being also not_furry. Seems like it is combining meanings and unnecessarily confusing the issue.

I always saw it as a venn diagram with not_furry on one side and including things like orcs, a lot of flora_fauna, etc. And then humanoid on the other side, and including all of your almost-human-except-for-[fill in the blank here] types of creatures. So human-except-for-the-animal-ears would be a natural fit for humanoid under that definition, and that would reduce all the times they're mistagged as human just so that some poor soul can blacklist it from their searches because its "too human-like" for what they want. So, stuff like human-except-for-random-animal-ears would only get humanoid but is obviously still considered to be furry. While stuff that's non-furry but still humanlike (like fairies and a lot of your human-except-it-has: wings, or a tail, or funny skin-color, or horns, etc) might end up with both humanoid and not_furry depending on the details. And stuff like a lot of flora_fauna and a lot of goblins, orcs, etc would only get the not_furry tag.

The wiki for humanoid doesn't allow for this type of usage. But I think it would work a lot better this way, and allow a clear distinction between stuff that's "too humanlike but still isn't technically human enough for the human tag" (those would go under humanoid regardless if they're also not_furry or not) vs "stuff that's not furry, but is something else" like that sunflower girl granberia thumbed, or most of your orcs, trolls, goblins, flora_fauna, demons, a lot of aliens, etc with only a few exceptions. (those would go under not_furry regardless if they're also humanoid or not). And not treat them as exclusive tags since they're about different things and they sometimes overlap.

Updated by anonymous