Topic: Tagging Projects, (or, How YOU Can Help!)

Furrin_Gok said:
Muscular then is for bodybuilders?

Yes, but super buff (but not hyper) guys also get big_muscles or even huge_muscles.

leomole said:
... What is the difference between athletic and muscular?

Uhh, doesn't it say that in the wikis you linked? Though I do suppose the athletic wiki could do with a few more examples, this is pretty barebones.

Genjar said:
Dunno how to describe it accurately, but athletic is for characters that look fit but not muscular. No body fat, etc.

Right, though they are allowed to have some slight musculature (which kinda comes with being in shape). I mean like abs and well-shaped legs, not thick biceps/triceps, bulging pecs or a bull neck. Also, IIRC their frame has to remain pretty lithe.

post #827697 post #832033 post #796095 post #630752 post #733219 post #745984

If you ask me, that's athletic. (Used to be called Toned, but that sounded even more confusing for a stand-alone body type describer)

Also, this is more-or-less where I would draw the line and move to muscular:

post #836973

Still not really bulky, but a clearly more heavyset type of upper body. With wide shoulders, powerful-looking arms (no real biceps in this example, but it looks like they would be there if he'd flex), prominent neck muscles, etcetera. Of course, from this point it can still go a bit further before you start to hit big_muscles.

Have to say though, the difference between muscular and big_muscles isn't nearly as apparent as between muscular and huge_muscles, which I guess makes sense with it being the next step beyond. Still, it can be a little hard to tell where to add or not to add big_muscles once characters get somewhat bulkier than the previous guy, whereas Huge always seems unambiguous.

post #784832 I'M AHHHNULD! YAWRHWHW!

Updated by anonymous