Tag Alias: shortstack -> short_stack

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

Aliasing shortstackshort_stack
Link to alias

Reason:

Short_stack is becoming a popular definition tag, but many folks are tagging images with shortstack instead. To remove the confusion and hassle of two tags meaning the same thing, I propose that the tag shortstack be auto changed to short_stack (as short_stack contains the definition of the tag whereas shortstack does not)

What exactly is a shortstack?

related to chibi / short?

I was thinking chimneys

titanmelon said:
What exactly is a shortstack?

related to chibi / short?

I was thinking chimneys

Generally the character is an adult or otherwise mature. The character is female and has wide hips, short legs with thick thighs, and may or may not have a large bust.

Sort and "stacked" is the origin name of it.

This bypasses chibi as they may be drawn in quite a serious manner and may not exhibit any super deformed attributes.

Such as <3 anal anal_penetration anus arthropod breasts brown_eyes brown_hair butt butterfly clothed clothing cum cum_on_face english_text erection fellatio female foriko fully_clothed hair handjob hi_res human humanoid humanoid_penis imp insect interspecies male mammal monster nipples nude open_pants oral outta_sync penetration penis pussy sex short_stack simple_background size_difference smaller_female text thick_thighs white_background wide_hips

Rating: Explicit
Score: 71
User: Nuji
Date: January 25, 2016

Or 2016 absurd_res agumon anthro areola bikini blue_skin breasts claws clothing digimon digimon_(species) dinosaur dragon duo exveemon female female/female hi_res membranous_wings navel non-mammal_breasts nude pussy pussy_juice scalie short_stack size_difference suddenhack swimsuit theropod video_games wings yellow_skin

Score: 76
User: voldosbt
Date: July 22, 2016

Umm, this is just to fuse two tags that mean the same thing into one that universally used. Can anyone help?

Daneasaur said:
Umm, this is just to fuse two tags that mean the same thing into one that universally used. Can anyone help?

Admins have a lot on their plates. Just be patient.

Genjar
Former Staff
2 years ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 302
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Short stack overlaps with stocky. Are they distinct enough to keep? If not, I'd rather keep the latter. Since the former is limited to females.

^ I agree in principle but want to point out that most of the females I can see in stocky wouldn't count as shortstack.

Also shortstack really has nothing to do with shoulders, if stocky was used it would have to be in combination with short and probably (big|huge|hyper)_breasts .

Genjar
Former Staff
2 years ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Yeah, that's true. Many of them wouldn't fit under stocky.

savageorange said:
Also shortstack really has nothing to do with shoulders, if stocky was used it would have to be in combination with short and probably (big|huge|hyper)_breasts

We've been trying to move away from using the short and tall tags, because those don't mesh well with twys and tend to get tagged by outside information. Tagging specific features and the body shape should be prioritized over anything that relies on height.

Based on how it is currently tagged, short_stack is simply a random mix of wide_hips, thick_thighs, slightly_chubby and big_breasts. Plus some big_head. Not to mention that we generally don't use sex-specific tags, especially not ones that are restricted to a single sex, with no equivalent tags for other sexes.

This doesn't seem like a valid tag to me. If there needs to be a tag for that shape, something like bottom_heavy or pear_shaped would work better.

Genjar said:
Based on how it is currently tagged, short_stack is simply a random mix of wide_hips, thick_thighs, slightly_chubby and big_breasts. Plus some big_head.

Not complete, but true insofar as it goes.

We've been trying to move away from using the short and tall tags, because those don't mesh well with twys

Well, it's pretty integral here AFAICS. Take a 7-heads-high character with wide_hips thick_thighs slightly_chubby big_breasts ..
anthro belly big_breasts blue_eyes blue_hair breasts canine clothed clothing female fox fur fuyusen grey_fur hair looking_at_viewer mammal open_mouth simple_background slightly_chubby solo standing thick_thighs white_belly wide_hips yosioka_san

Rating: Questionable
Score: 16
User: rofljim
Date: August 24, 2016 or anthro areola bagelcollector big_breasts breasts dragon feathered_dragon feathered_wings feathers female hi_res horn huge_breasts looking_at_viewer navel nipples non-mammal_breasts nude simple_background slightly_chubby solo standing thick_thighs wide_hips wings

Score: 12
User: Cat-in-Flight
Date: August 13, 2016

...does not look like shortstack, because height dramatically effects the appearance of those traits.

Might qualify as shortstack:

* 2016 alpha_channel anthro bear big_breasts black_fur blush breasts canine chalo clothed clothing cocoa_(las_lindas) duo facial_markings female fur hair hi_res huge_breasts las_lindas male mammal markings multicolored_fur nipples panda randal_hawthorne simple_background slightly_chubby swimsuit thick_thighs transparent_background white_fur white_hair wide_hips

User: Invaderzero
Date: August 24, 2016 (est. 4.6 heads high)

Technically not shortstack but close enough, ie. looks roughly right:

• 2016 <3 <3_eyes absurd_res anthro big_breasts big_nipples blue_eyes blush breasts ear_piercing female hair hi_res hindpaw huge_breasts inverted_nipples liveforthefunk long_hair looking_up nails navel navel_rim nintendo nipples open_mouth paws piercing pink_eyes pink_hair pink_skin pokémon pokémon_(species) pokémorph pussy slightly_chubby solo standing teeth thick_thighs tongue video_games voluptuous wide_hips wigglytuff

Score: 81
User: Fur_in_the_dark
Date: August 09, 2016
  • 2016 anthro areola big_breasts black_claws black_horn blue_eyes breasts brown_scales claws dragon english_text female hair half-closed_eyes hand_on_hip hi_res horn huge_breasts looking_at_viewer mille navel nipples non-mammal_breasts nude pink_background pink_nipples pussy scales scalie shikaro signature simple_background slightly_chubby smile solo stripes text thick_thighs toe_claws white_hair white_scales wide_hips

Score: 21
User: GameManiac
Date: May 22, 2016 (legs are notably too long)

Definitely not shortstack:

• <3 anthro armwear bat bessi_the_bat big_breasts boots breasts clothing cum cumshot disembodied_penis drugs ejaculation elbow_gloves english_text erection fan_character female footwear garter_belt garter_straps gloves group high_heels holster huge_breasts huge_hips infinitesimal legwear makeup male male/female mammal membranous_wings mostly_nude nipples oil open_mouth orgasm penis platform_footwear platform_heels pussy shoes simple_background slightly_chubby solo_focus sonic_(series) spread_wings standing text thick_thighs thigh_highs tongue tongue_out vials wide_hips wings

User: BessiTheBat
Date: August 04, 2016 (hold me, I'm scared)
  • 2016 :3 anthro bat belly big_breasts breasts brown_fur canine chest_tuft dog ear_tuft female fupa fur hair hair_over_eye hand_on_breast hand_on_stomach holding_breast hybrid mammal mature_female moth_(artist) multicolored_fur mulu navel nipples nude signature simple_background slightly_chubby solo tan_fur teeth thick_thighs tuft two_tone_fur voluptuous white_background wide_hips

Score: 38
User: ThunderTitansGuy
Date: July 31, 2016 (8 heads high
  • 2016 <3 anthro areola bedroom_eyes belly big_breasts black_nose blush breasts brown_eyes brown_hair cervine clitoris digital_media_(artwork) doe_(alfa995) english_text erect_nipples eyelashes eyewear female fur goggles hair half-closed_eyes hands_behind_head inner_ear_fluff licking licking_lips long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal navel nipples nude oneboredpotato pose pussy question seductive simple_background slightly_chubby smile solo speech_bubble standing suggestive tan_fur text thick_thighs tongue tongue_out voluptuous white_background white_fur wide_hips

Score: 111
User: Seluvia
Date: June 15, 2016
  • 2016 3_fingers 3_toes <3 anthro barefoot big_breasts big_butt blue_body blue_horn blue_nipples blue_spots breast_envy breast_size_difference breasts butt claws clothed clothing color_swatch cracker_(artist) english_text eyebrows eyelashes female hand_on_butt horn huge_breasts huge_butt hybrid larger_female model_sheet navel nidoqueen nidorina nintendo nipples open_mouth open_smile panties pink_tongue pokémon pokémon_(species) red_eyes side_boob simple_background size_difference slightly_chubby smaller_female smile spots spotted_body standing text thick_tail thick_thighs toes tongue topless underwear video_games white_claws wide_hips

Score: 48
User: Cracker1
Date: June 04, 2016

Not to mention that we generally don't use sex-specific tags, especially not ones that are restricted to a single sex, with no equivalent tags for other sexes.

Hey, I'm not promoting it per se, I'm just saying that..

If there needs to be a tag for that shape, something like bottom_heavy or pear_shaped would work better.

.. well, right now I'm saying I don't see how that has anything to do with shortstack.
At all.

EDIT: I can kind of see why you might think that, but imo that's just the consequence of cramming the same features into less height (ie. just exaggerates typical female body shape)

But overall I was gonna say, what you are proposing as 'equivalent' doesn't seem to really be equivalent.

Genjar said:
Yeah, that's true. Many of them wouldn't fit under stocky.

We've been trying to move away from using the short and tall tags, because those don't mesh well with twys and tend to get tagged by outside information. Tagging specific features and the body shape should be prioritized over anything that relies on height.

Based on how it is currently tagged, short_stack is simply a random mix of wide_hips, thick_thighs, slightly_chubby and big_breasts. Plus some big_head. Not to mention that we generally don't use sex-specific tags, especially not ones that are restricted to a single sex, with no equivalent tags for other sexes.

This doesn't seem like a valid tag to me. If there needs to be a tag for that shape, something like bottom_heavy or pear_shaped would work better.

Regardless, wouldn't it work to still umbrella that under a single tag before we make it alias to somethign else?

As it stands there are over 200 separate tags under Short_stack and shortstack respectively.

Daneasaur said:
As it stands there are over 200 separate tags under Short_stack and shortstack respectively.

That figure is now 4000 and 500. When used correctly, the tag is useful for people who appreciate the bodytype it describes - females (or males) who are both noticeably shorter and notably curvier than the average humanoid. savageorange did a perfect job of outlined why combinations of other tags don't get the right result.

2017 <3 anais_watterson anthro belt beret bikini boots breasts buckteeth cartoon_network clothing digital_media_(artwork) ears_down embarrassed english_text eyelashes female footwear fur hat kaboozey lagomorph legwear mammal micro_bikini micro_panties navel nipple_tape pasties pink_fur pose rabbit short_stack simple_background slightly_chubby socks solo standing sweat swimsuit tape teeth text the_amazing_world_of_gumball white_socks young

Score: 18
User: GrosserKurfurst
Date: February 19, 2017, <3 big_breasts big_eyes blue_eyes breasts clitoris dancing female green_sclera hair huge_breasts inverted_nipples jigglypuff looking_at_viewer nintendo nipples not_furry nude on_one_leg overweight pink_background pink_hair pink_skin pointy_ears pokémon pokémon_(species) pussy raised_hands red_background short_stack simple_background solo standing thick_thighs timoteihiv video_games

Score: 3
User: Juni221
Date: August 21, 2012, better_version_at_source big_breasts black_and_white bottomless breasts clothed clothing crop_top female full-length_portrait hair humanoid imp itsthedoodleden jewelry legwear line_art looking_at_viewer monochrome navel necklace nipple_bulge not_furry pointy_ears portrait pussy shirt short_hair short_stack slit_pupils smile solo standing stockings t-shirt thick_thighs

Score: 3
User: jockjamdoorslam
Date: January 30, 2018
Deleted: Inferior version/duplicate of post #1505035
are great examples of the right proportions in my mind. The head is 1/4 - 1/3 the total height, and the hips are wider than the shoulders.

Admittedly, the tag needs a good cleaning up. Going through the pages, there are too many images of characters who are curvy but not particularly short or vice versa.

Genjar
Former Staff
9 months ago

jockjamdoorslam said:
Admittedly, the tag needs a good cleaning up. Going through the pages, there are too many images of characters who are curvy but not particularly short or vice versa.

Considering how vague the wiki is and how inconsistently it is tagged, I'm still not in favor of keeping it.

For example, it seems to have been mass-tagged for animal crossing characters such as:
2017 animal_crossing ankha_(animal_crossing) anthro areola black_nose blue_fur blue_hair breasts butt butt_grab cat egyptian eyelashes feline female fur hair half-closed_eyes hand_on_breast hand_on_butt headdress hi_res looking_at_viewer mammal multicolored_fur navel nintendo nipples nude pose puffy_areola puffy_nipples purple_eyes pussy rawgreen short_stack simple_background solo standing striped_tail stripes video_games wide_hips yellow_fur

Score: 73
Date: December 29, 2017 4_fingers alpha_channel animal_crossing anthro bedroom_eyes black_fur black_spots blue_eyes canine cherry_(animal_crossing) convenient_censorship dog ear_piercing eyebrows eyelashes female fur half-closed_eyes invalid_tag leaf looking_at_viewer mammal maypul_syrup money multicolored_fur navel nintendo nude phone_number piercing purple_nose red_fur seductive short_stack smile solo spots spotted_fur standing teasing thin_tail two_tone_fur video_games

User: H2O2
Date: January 04, 2018
Deleted: Inferior version/duplicate of post #1485559 2017 animal_crossing ankha_(animal_crossing) anthro bandage bikini blue_hair blush breasts cat cleavage clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) egyptian embarrassed eyelashes feline female frown fur hair hands_on_hips looking_aside makeup mammal micro_bikini navel nintendo pose short_stack solo standing swimsuit thingshappen thong video_games yellow_fur

Score: 25
Date: September 18, 2017

Probably by outside information, just like the short tag. Most of them don't look short to me, just chubby or curvy. Which we already have tags for.

Genjar said:
Considering how vague the wiki is and how inconsistently it is tagged, I'm still not in favor of keeping it.

For example, it seems to have been mass-tagged for animal crossing characters such as:
2017 animal_crossing ankha_(animal_crossing) anthro areola black_nose blue_fur blue_hair breasts butt butt_grab cat egyptian eyelashes feline female fur hair half-closed_eyes hand_on_breast hand_on_butt headdress hi_res looking_at_viewer mammal multicolored_fur navel nintendo nipples nude pose puffy_areola puffy_nipples purple_eyes pussy rawgreen short_stack simple_background solo standing striped_tail stripes video_games wide_hips yellow_fur

Score: 73
Date: December 29, 2017 4_fingers alpha_channel animal_crossing anthro bedroom_eyes black_fur black_spots blue_eyes canine cherry_(animal_crossing) convenient_censorship dog ear_piercing eyebrows eyelashes female fur half-closed_eyes invalid_tag leaf looking_at_viewer mammal maypul_syrup money multicolored_fur navel nintendo nude phone_number piercing purple_nose red_fur seductive short_stack smile solo spots spotted_fur standing teasing thin_tail two_tone_fur video_games

User: H2O2
Date: January 04, 2018
Deleted: Inferior version/duplicate of post #1485559 2017 animal_crossing ankha_(animal_crossing) anthro bandage bikini blue_hair blush breasts cat cleavage clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) egyptian embarrassed eyelashes feline female frown fur hair hands_on_hips looking_aside makeup mammal micro_bikini navel nintendo pose short_stack solo standing swimsuit thingshappen thong video_games yellow_fur

Date: September 18, 2017

Probably by outside information, just like the short tag. Most of them don't look short to me, just chubby or curvy. Which we already have tags for.

Well maybe you’re not too good at looking. I can tell a shortstack easily from multiple indicators...head/body ratio, squashed proportions, etc. I mean you’re basically acting like if you saw a picture of a midget you’d have NO IDEA they were a midget unless an average person stood beside them.

I think it’s a good tag, and a tag that people obviously want. There’s no easy way to track down shortstacks without it.

Genjar
Former Staff
9 months ago

Dyrone said:
Well maybe you’re not too good at looking. I can tell a shortstack easily from multiple indicators...head/body ratio, squashed proportions, etc.

Which makes no sense whatsoever, considering that creatures such as giants and ogres are often drawn with those same body proportions. Trying to determine height of a fantasy creature without any frame of reference is mostly based on outside information, not what's visible.

Tagging overall body shape is fine, but it needs far better definition. One that that doesn't rely on height. There's too many and/ors and mays in the current wiki, and the usage of subjective terms ('cute') makes it worse.

Genjar said:
Which makes no sense whatsoever, considering that creatures such as giants and ogres are often drawn with those same body proportions. Trying to determine height of a fantasy creature without any frame of reference is mostly based on outside information, not what's visible.

Tagging overall body shape is fine, but it needs far better definition. One that that doesn't rely on height. There's too many and/ors and mays in the current wiki, and the usage of subjective terms ('cute') makes it worse.

It’s not nessecarily based on height. I would argue that a giant Midna terrorizing a city that still had the proportions of a shortstack could still be tagged as such. You’re just creating a problem out of nothing by being hyper-literal like Amelia Bedelia.

Also I notice you didn’t even touch my point about how it woild be hard to search for them without the tag. Do you have an alternative way to find them? Or do you just not give a crap about that? Screw the people who may want to see an array of shortstacks, amirite?

Genjar
Former Staff
9 months ago

Dyrone said:
It’s not nessecarily based on height.

Then obviously the wiki shouldn't say that it's based on height.

Also I notice you didn’t even touch my point about how it woild be hard to
search for them without the tag.

Right. Nor am I going to bother trying to explain it to you, unless you learn to focus on tag discussion, without throwing out ad hominems at whoever happens to disagree.

Genjar said:

So just change the wiki. That way we have an ojective tag which has almost the same meaning as previously and which gives, possibly with some other tags, the desired results. Everybody happy! (lol who am I kidding)

Genjar said:

Then change the wiki rather than suggesting the tag should be deleted?

Genjar said:
Right. Nor am I going to bother trying to explain it to you, unless you learn to focus on tag discussion, without throwing out ad hominems

What ad hominem? That part where I compared you to Amelia Bedelia? That might be the thinnest excuse to remove oneself from a discussion I have ever heard in my life...it’s almost like you don’t have a better idea than simply keeping the tag.

Can we get this alias done already? There's no reason for there to be two tags that mean the same thing.

Bucket said:
Can we get this alias done already? There's no reason for there to be two tags that mean the same thing.

+++ 1,

Regardless of whether or not shortstack/short_stack is eventually removed, it's pointless keeping two identical tags around (Besides, if one tag is aliased to the other only one tag would need to be invalidated if shortstack/short_stack ends up getting dismantled).

+1

Bumping this because it's taken a year too long to get fixed.

Genjar
Former Staff
5 months ago

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
So just change the wiki.

I have more than enough of work on my own to-do list, fixing this tag is a job for those who want to keep it.

Still -1 for it, since the wiki remains unfixed and the tag itself remains a mess, full of posts like these...
2018 anthro bedroom_eyes blonde_hair breasts broodals buckteeth chest_tuft eyebrows eyelashes eyeshadow featureless_breasts female fur hair half-closed_eyes hariet_(mario) hi_res lagomorph long_ears long_hair looking_at_viewer makeup mammal messy_hair nintendo nude open_mouth open_smile pink_tongue plagueofgripes rabbit red_eyes seductive simple_background smile solo super_mario_odyssey teeth tongue tuft video_games white_background white_fur

Score: 53
User: JAKXXX3
Date: June 15, 2018 4_fingers <3 <3_eyes ahegao anthro bear black_fur black_hair black_nose blizzard_entertainment blush clothed clothing cub cum cum_on_face cum_on_tongue double_v_sign ejaculation female fully_clothed fur hair half-closed_eyes korean_text li_li_stormstout long_hair looking_at_viewer looking_pleasured mammal multicolored_fur open_mouth panda pandaren pink_tongue simple_background solo tears teeth text tongue tongue_out translated two_tone_fur v_sign video_games warcraft wherewolf white_fur young

Score: 34
User: Stormstout
Date: June 13, 2018 2018 areola bedroom_eyes belly big_belly big_breasts breasts deep_navel digital_media_(artwork) eyelashes eyeshadow female front_view goodra green_eyes half-closed_eyes hands_behind_head hi_res huge_breasts ikiki looking_at_viewer makeup naughty_face navel nintendo nipples nude obese overweight overweight_female pink_tongue pokémon pokémon_(species) pose presenting purple_body purple_nipples seductive simple_background smile smirk solo standing thick_thighs tongue tongue_out video_games voluptuous white_background wide_hips

Score: 55
User: n_a_gf
Date: May 05, 2018 6_arms animal_humanoid arachnid areola arthropod ball_fondling balls black_eyes black_hair blush bow_tie breasts bukkake clothing crossed_legs cum cum_in_a_cup cum_in_container cup dezz disembodied_penis erection fangs female female_focus fondling footwear gang glans grey_skin group group_sex hair handjob hi_res high_heels holding_object humanoid humanoid_hands humanoid_penis leggings legwear male male/female muffet multi_arm multi_eye multi_limb navel nipples open_mouth open_smile penis penis_milking pigtails purple_background purple_nipples purple_tongue sex shoes signature simple_background slim small_breasts smile solo_focus spider_humanoid stockings tea_cup thigh_highs undertale video_games

Score: 34
User: Cat-in-Flight
Date: June 05, 2018 2018 <3 absurd_res animal_crossing anthro areola arnachy barefoot barely_visible_genitalia barely_visible_pussy biting_lip blue_eyes blush breasts brown_hair caprine chest_tuft chevre_(animal_crossing) digital_media_(artwork) eyebrows eyelashes female freckles fur goat hair hi_res horn kneeling looking_at_viewer mammal navel nintendo nipples nude pink_areola pink_nipples pussy simple_background slim smile solo tuft video_games white_background white_fur

User: ultragamer89
Date: May 02, 2018 2016 animal_crossing anthro blue_background blush breasts brown_eyes brown_hair caprine cleavage clothed clothing dress eyebrows eyelashes female footwear freckles fur goat grey_fur hair hands_behind_back horn mammal nan_(animal_crossing) nintendo red_hair sankam shoes signature simple_background slim smile solo video_games

Score: 11
User: Clawstripe
Date: May 02, 2018
...that seem to have nothing to do with the definition.

Genjar said:
I have more than enough of work on my own to-do list, fixing this tag is a job for those who want to keep it.

Still -1 for it, since the wiki remains unfixed and the tag itself remains a mess, full of posts like these...

...that seem to have nothing to do with the definition.

I can try to aid cleaning up shortstack/short_stack, at least to the best of my abilities. I'm not sure if the tag(s) will be worth keeping in the end, but I'm willing to go sorting through the mess and hopefully regain some consistency.

The tag(s) may become invalidated at some point, or simply cleaned of irrelevant posts, but regardless of what happens it is still redundant to have two variants of the same tag.

For reference, shortstack currently has ~800 posts and short_stack has ~5700 posts.