Topic: e621 Extender (Similar to Furaffinity Extender)

Hi all,

Was wondering if someone might have created a extension/tool/add-on similar to the Furaffinity Extender Add-on avaiable for Firefox?

http://andrewneo.github.io/faextender-chrome/

With this add-on, it adds a simple download button/link in the title of the picture you are viewing which, when clicked, saves the picture to a specified download folder and then to an optional Artist sub-folder. I find this very handy as this was how I was already organising and storing pictures I was manually downloading from Furaffinity and speeds the process up quite nicely.

In the case such a tool didn't exist for e621, would it be possible to create one that functioned similar to as described below?

I tend to browse and download a lot of My Little Pony images. For these images, I tend to store them according to their character name i.e. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, etc. In the case of OC ponies, if a character name is not available, I'd store it according to Artist Name instead.

In this case, would it be possible download and save pictures so that it is stored to a E621 root folder, that goes to a Character sub-folder and within this folder there is a Artist sub-folder which the final image ends up in.

Unfortunately my skills with scripting is very limited and I'm not too sure where to start on such a task like this. Any help would be great appreciated with such an endevour like this

Updated