"ringtail" tag needs to be species

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

just thought I'd point out that the ringtail tag is referring to the Bassariscus astutus or ring-tailed cat.

Effort_Value said:
just thought I'd point out that the ringtail tag is referring to the Bassariscus astutus or ring-tailed cat.

This has been brought up before but it is also a slang name for several other creatures. Most commonly Lemurs but also raccoons, Tanukis and indeed anything with a stripy tail.

To specifically link it to one alias would mean breaking all the related muckery too.

ringtail is not a species. its a feature. if anything, it should be disambiguated since there is multiple very different species with the word "ringtail" in their name.

Effort_Value said:

I feel like ring_tailed_cat would make much more sense in this case.

Genjar
Former Staff
5 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clothed clothing crossed_arms duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lepidopteran lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 302
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Effort_Value said:

ring-tailed_cat