Topic: Feedback on the quality of this drawing?

MagnusEffect said:
I'm not experienced when it comes to making art, so there are probably better ways to say most of what I'm going to say.

I can see a lot of places where lines don't quite connect where it looks like they're supposed to. In the case of body parts disappearing behind other body parts I feel like layers could probably be used as a quick workaround.
There's also a lot of places where the colouring either bleeds over to the wrong side of a line, or looks like it overwrites parts of a line.

Anatomy-wise the bodies look kinda flat, weirdly proportioned, Nick's(?) arm looks like it kind of just emerges from his side, and he feels weirdly-balanced. This is where I want to ask about your sketch/figure construction process.

I can't figure out where the light is supposed to be angled from. Parts of the characters are lit up as if the light were coming from slightly above the viewpoint, but the lighting on the sheet(?) implies a much higher angle.

I also can't tell for sure what they're on top of or how close it is to the wall.

Honestly I wouldn't expect this to get approved.

Thanks, I'll work on these points. I didn't not that the angle of the light was so wrong when I drew it.

The anatomy part, I normally try to get the anatomy as close as I can to the movie. In the movie they don't have pronounced shoulders.

Thanks again for your help!

Updated by anonymous