Topic: "Do we have a tag for that" thread

bolts et al.

Dyrone said:
How are we supposed to tag a literal bolt? Seems like the character bolt has a monopoly on that tag...maybe bolt_(object)?

When I came across that issue before, I settled on bolts even if the post only had one bolt. This was one of many issues I spotted that I didn't want to fix myself, but this issue at least shouldn't require too much work to correct. There's also one post tagged bolt_(fastener), which is how Wikipedia disambiguates this type of bolt.

darryus said:
I feel like bolts could just be put under a more general tag along with stuff like nails, screws, bolts, hinges, etc.. I feel like something like hardware would work, but it seems that tag already seems to have a bit of computer hardware-type stuff under it.

If you want to be technically correct, you can start the fastener tag. Wikipedia's fastener page seems to provide solid guidance on what is and is not considered a fastener, of which hinges are not.

Unrelated: button_(fastener) currently has 700+ posts.

"w pose"

remyremy said:
A person ass/lower region in the shape of the letter w or v from the combination of tags like kneeling, legs_spread, presenting hindquarters.
post #1630663

This is probably a non-starter.

You would have to start a tag like crouching_w_pose, because "w pose" means different things to different people. Just search rear_view ~crouching ~kneeling, maybe add something explicit like anus, penis, balls, or pussy to cut down on results.

shiny_pussy

TheWhitePony said:
Is there a tag for slick/shiny labia/pussy? I don't know why I like them so much, but stuff like it really gets to me. I know there's pussy_juice, but that doesn't really mean that anything in the post itself is going to look shiny/oily/slick.

Not specifically, but it would be a shiny_[anatomy] tag. shiny_penis has 16 posts right now. You can start shiny_pussy if you want. Don't use "slick" because of redundancy with that and existing bodily fluid tags.

Perhaps you might also like dripping, pussy_juice_drip/dripping_pussy, and maybe cum_drip since they tend to add some shine.

wreckage tags

Peter_The_Fox said:
What tag is it for when the setting is decrepit/dilapidated?

We have some tags that describe the smaller elements of those scenes, but I don't believe we have a designated tag that describes general architectural disrepair. ruins is the closest we've come.

Some relevant posts I've tagged:

And thematic tags from those posts: ruins, rubble, dystopic, junk, junkyard, abandoned_building, broken_glass, broken_window, cracks, detailed_background (kind of required), graffiti, trash, overcast.

I think wreckage is the ideal tag, which can describe big and small things broken in times past.

penis with a tongue

Sasha721 said:
Do we have any for "their penis has a tongue"

That should be a tag, but...

penis_tongue, pussy_tongue, and tongue_pussy don't follow the same naming convention and should be fixed. Moreover, tongue_penis is aliased to penis_tongue, so that's probably why the tag concept in question doesn't seem to exist. A slightly less confusing naming convention would have tongued_penis and tongued_pussy for such genitals with a tongue.

Some related tags are prehensile_penis, snake_penis, crotch_tentacles, penis_maw, crotch_head, and crotch_mouth.

slime_covered

Genjar said:
Double-checking before I create it: do we already have a tag for characters covered in slime?

By the standard that'd be slime_covered or goo_covered (cum_covered, etc), but that's currently empty. Slime consists mostly of such posts, but isn't specific enough since it also includes a lot of other things. Such as a puddle of slime on the floor, or a vat of goo.

I had identified that as a tag that should exist when I combed through absorption_vore.

I see you've tagged one post goo_covered so far, but you should probably use slime_covered instead for all instances where the liquid is "non-living", as you had described in goo_(disambiguation). Otherwise, I don't really know how to differentiate between goo_covered and slime_covered.

As for existing tags, encasement, encase, envelopment, coating, and a few others. IMO, encasement should be reserved for bound posts like post #1593218 or creature_inside posts like post #734700, so those tags should be removed from most or all of the slime_covered examples. However, I had wanted to add takeover to a bunch of those at the same time, but I may never get around to that.

multiple_angles

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Is there a tag for these kind of posts with multiple pictures that are not different panels?

post #1650860

For that specific post, tag multiple_angles and call it a done deal.

In general, you need to identify which of the multiple_* tags are correct for such posts, or use sequence for "mini-comics".

Updated by anonymous