Post in forum #225049 - "Do we have a tag for that" thread

29446905 said:
Is there a particular name for the type of speedo-like shorts that professional wrestlers sometimes wear? They're shorter than shorts, and they're not underwear, exactly. speedo is the closest I can find with regards to appearance and coverage, but it implies swimsuit, which doesn't apply to these.

post #131383 also mentions maybe using speedo, but it's messy for the above reason.

Checking through the Tags section, it looks like wrestling_briefs is the most tagged thing you're looking for. As for what they're actually called, I have no idea.