Topic: poolf, yet another URL dumper for direct file links of e621 pools

https://github.com/Muffindrake/poolf

I was somewhat dismayed at the lack of programs that do this one thing and nothing else, also that most require some huge virtual runtime or interpreter to even execute, so I wrote one in C in about 4 hours.

The program dumps the direct file links of the URLs inside an entire pool in sequence to standard output. A shell script poolfdl is provided that fetches all files to the current directory and prefixes them with the page index that they have inside the pool (00001_ for the first, 00002_ for the second and so on).

Usage:

poolfdl <pool ID or URL>

The program waits a second between each request (as is the rule on this website), so fetching pool URLs takes increments of one second for every 24 posts inside a pool (because that's the page size).

Installation instructions are provided in the README.md file - prior to that you have to install a recent C compiler, as well as development headers and runtime libraries for a new enough libcurl that has the new new URL API (sorry debian stable users) and libjansson.

Windows users can probably get away with compiling this under Cygwin, though I have not tried myself.

Updated