Topic: [Suggestion] Change to the "Suggest an implication" form.

Pup

Privileged

Requested feature overview description.

Change the box captions on the Suggest an implication form to be "tag" and "implied tag" or "implies."

Why would it be useful?
I feel the box captions could be a bit clearer, which would help to avoid getting the tags the wrong way round in the future.

The Suggest an implication page says:

An implication between two tags means that when the first tag is added to a post, the second tag is automatically added as well.

Which is perfectly fine, but the captions on the boxes underneath say "tag" and "imply to," which I read as "the first box's tag gets added to all posts that include the second box's tag," which is the wrong way round.

Also, the Alias page has the captions, "tag" and "alias to" where the first tag/box gets replaced/aliased to the second one, which is what I'd expect, but the implication page has it the other way around, with the second tag being applied to the first one.

What part(s) of the site page(s) are affected?
The Suggest an implication page.

Quick edit:
I also checked the preview of my other implication posts, and "Implicating inflatable_ring → swim_ring," to me, looks like inflatable_ring gets added to swim_ring, which again, seems like the opposite of what it actually means.

Like I mentioned above, it works for aliasing, but I feel implicating should have the tags the other way around, for the arrow thing.

I can't help but wonder if it's only me that finds this a bit confusing.

Updated by user 22273