X
News - Mar 03, 2015 (6 hours ago)

Important announcement: We are planning to upgrade the HDD tomorrow (March 4th) and expect downtime throughout the entire afternoon (MST or GMT-7).

Update! Click here for the changelog.

Want to advertise on e621? Click here!

mobile site

In category: General

why doesn't e621 have a mobile site yet?


because they can barely pay for this one
/thread

RNVP
Member
4 years ago

The regular site works just fine on most smartphones anyway.

-Sent from my iPhone


Pawzy said:
why doesn't e621 have a mobile site yet?

Why haven't you made it? >.>


Works fine in Opera Mini 4/5.


People sure need their furry porn on the go, eh?


Aurali said:
Why haven't you made it? >.>

cause I'm searching for a way to do it.


RNVP said:
The regular site works just fine on most smartphones anyway.

-Sent from my iPhone

I own an iPod Touch 1st gen myself, and I still say it would be easier to use, easy on memory usage, and faster page loading.

-Sent from my Palm Pre (WebOS)


fartpaw_firekidney said:
because they can barely pay for this one
/thread

it wouldn't cost anything extra. All a mobile site is is a simply formated page to minamize bandwidth and RAM usage, and make the site small-screen friendly.

I would imagine all that's needed is 3~4 mobile page templates, some php scripts, and a small line of html/javascript redirection code added to the front/index page. The rest is already here.


temporal_crux said:
People sure need their furry porn on the go, eh?

Yes, Crux. Yes we do. :3

Jazz
Privileged
4 years ago

If your mobile browser supports javascript, you can already view the site comfortably in it just because your device is not a simple mobile phone.

Also server-side scripts increase load, don't they?


Dear Pawzy.

1) We don't use PHP.
2) It takes far more work than that, we'd need to fully redesign the UI which we're ALREADY doing for 2.2.
3) If you want it that badly, you could always pay for it to happen.

Infact, maybe that'd be a good idea. Allow users to request features and I work out how many hours it'd take to accomplish and we put a number on it and then once donations for that reach the number, I add it in.

Much like how FAP handled it, except we won't go down a few weeks after taking loads of money from people :3c


As long as you don't use Ada or COBOL. :)


Arcturus said:
...except we won't go down a few weeks after taking loads of money...

I prefer my sources of erection to go down immediately, and usually before taking the money.


temporal_crux said:
I prefer my sources of erection to go down immediately, and usually before taking the money.

<em>How come you're always so pessimistic?


WolfieWolfie1992 said:
<em>How come you're always so pessimistic?

<i><b>why do you always use fancy font<b></i>


Pawzy said:
some php scripts

though possible, getting php to work well with ruby would be more hassle then just keeping it all ruby :)

ikdind said:
As long as you don't use Ada or COBOL. :)

it's run on ruby on rails.


(posted from my Nokia Lumia 520, using Internet Explorer)
In all honesty, a mobile site would make little difference except for removing the two seconds it takes to zoom the way you want to, and the extra quarter second it takes too load compared to how long it would take compared to a mobile site. It would, admittedly, make many of our, err, "experiences" while viewing from a mobile device SLIGHTLY better, but it is nowhere near equivalent to the amount of time it would take to make a mobile site.


cromethedragon said:
(posted from my Nokia Lumia 520, using Internet Explorer)
In all honesty, a mobile site would make little difference except for removing the two seconds it takes to zoom the way you want to, and the extra quarter second it takes too load compared to how long it would take compared to a mobile site. It would, admittedly, make many of our, err, "experiences" while viewing from a mobile device SLIGHTLY better, but it is nowhere near equivalent to the amount of time it would take to make a mobile site.

You're in the lead now.

Tokaido
Contributor
3 months ago
2014 animal_genitalia anthro arun_(tokaido) big_breasts blue_penis blue_pussy breasts claws dragon erection genital_slit hair herm horn intersex knot looking_at_viewer low-angle_shot lying nipples nude on_back penis plain_background purple_nipples purple_skin pussy red_hair scalie scar shysiren slit smile solo spread_legs spreading tattoo watermark white_background yellow_eyes 

Rating: Explicit 
Score: 43 
User: Tokaido 
Date: December 16, 2014

parasprite said:
You're in the lead now.

I'm not sure if anyone will beat him, forum posts don't get much older.