Topic: e621.net mass (sort of) Download tool

Varka said:
Heyas!

Thanks for taking the time to write a tool for e621!

As other posters have mentioned, you might want to consider using the API in the future as it's a bit easier to parse.

One thing that I would like to request with any scripts that use e621 is that you rate limit the request speed for images to 120 requests per minute, ie 2 requests a second, and 30 requests per minute for searches / page results. This is to make sure that your script doesn't have an adverse effect on other users of the site - I would like to avoid having to place restrictions or block scripts from accessing the site if possible as I recognise the value in these scripts to our users.

One final request is that you give your bot a unique user-agent string for each version you publish, and mention what it is (eg 'GroundwalkerBot v0.1'). This is in case one of your older script versions turns out to spin wildly out of control, so in an emergency I can blacklist that specific version without having to blacklist all of the versions of your program.

Thanks,

Varka

Sure I can see what I can do, I haven't had too many takers. I can send you the source code and you can tell me what to change. Wouldn't want to bog down the servers.

Updated by anonymous