Topic: t621 - another e621 downloader (Windows only)

Seeing groundwalker providing his downloader tool for e621, I thought this might be a good opportunity to provide you with mine.

It is called t621, where "t" stands for thin client.

Download-Link

FEATURES
- Can add multiple tags (see the Tagging Help on e621.net.
- Has an automatically updating preview window for the downloaded files of the current session (can also play flash and webm movies).
- Download folder is customizable.
- Makes use of the XML-API web service.
- Detects already downloaded files in the download folder and skips them.

t621 only runs on Windows!

I developed this while having a chat with Varka via email, quite some time back. We agreed to:
- Limiting a download session to 200 files, so it won't be abused to download bachillions of files and take too much server bandwidth. You can simply restart after these 200 files to pick the session up and continue.
- Leaving a fingerprint/user-agent while communicating with the web services.

It has been tested on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10. It might run on other versions, but since I don't own these, I probably won't be able to provide OS specific support.

If you have any feedback or found any bugs, please drop me an e-mail (see help-button in the app) since I usually don't check in here too often, forgive me for that. If I receive an e-mail and think that it's a big issue, I will make a public statement here.

I could swear I already posted it in this forum, but I couldn't find it using the search.

Oh, one last thing: I am not trying to compete with groundwalker, and I don't want to "steal" his users! I think that we should benefit from each others experiences. Maybe feedback on his app will help me, maybe feedback on mine will help him. Try both out, see which one works best for you. In a perfect world we will have a talk at some point and make a new version together, bigger, better, and all these other awesome shenanigans.

I hope you guys and gals find this useful.

Recent changes:
- Adaptation to the most recent e621.net API changes.
- Added support for webm previews by using VLC components. Up until now the app crashed whenever a webm should've been shown.
- Switched to .NET 4.0 to use VLC components.
- Minor UI improvements.

Updated by jonnyawsom3