Topic: (OLD) The Feature Request Thread

FEATURE IDEA: I would really love a personal aliasing or tag-shortcut setup of some kind. I find myself often wanting to put in requests for aliases for things that only I'd use or on typos that only I'd make. If personal shortcuts were a thing for the site, I could go ahead and enter all the petnames I want for artists whose stuff I upload and it wouldn't bother or confuse anybody.

Pro: The main advantage community-wise (other than reducing tags with/which are typos) would be that groups of tags could be added to relevant pictures swiftly especially for the curators on this site who kinda go on crusades to get certain subsets of things tagged up correctly. They'd be able to proceed without waiting days/weeks/hours for the mods to approve an alias or implication they might be leveraging, and in addition they may have a specific strategy which they'd apply in a small set of cases where an implication or such might be overly broad across the whole site.

Some examples:

If someone got the drop on a bunch of new Pokémon or other show characters who suddenly have r34 of them, they wouldn't have to wait for the implication to go through for things to be right right-away.

...Say we knew the trainer's name for the thing so we'd have like m:Mr_Granite (or whatever the syntax for a user-macro would be... it could simply be implicit without a new syntax just like site-wide implications or aliases are) expand to "geodude_(pokemon) pokemon Mr_Granite_(pokemon) rock_type_(pokemon)" or whatever. Obviously this would be with some new creature and not one of the original 150 in a real case.

Pro: As a personal macro, this could also help prevent confusion with characters from other shows also called Mr Granite. A throwaway example would be searching for chaos, which returns I guess chaotic scenes, the goopy bad guy Chaos from the Sonic dreamcast game, some Discord, and some warhammer 40k stuff.

Pro: If I'm a fan of some character with a commonly held name, it would be easy for me to go ahead and mask that name so I don't cause collisions accidentally. Say if I like Trunks from DBZ and post any art I find of him scoring with furry characters, I'd have trunks just map to trunks_(dragonball_z) or similar rather than the swim item.

Any macro/shortcut (or whatever it is this would get called) would map one 'user macro' type tag to one or more actual tagging keywords e.g. say my entering 'Forces' would map over to 'Forceswerwolf.'

TL;DR: It would reduce errors and increase tagging efficiency to let users define their own little shortcuts which would let them easily apply one (or more) site/community-recognized tag(s) to an image post.

Updated by anonymous