Topic: Pokemon: Feral/family list?

So, I've uploaded a few pokemon pictures lately and I've had some trouble tagging things. This has been kinda ruminating around in my head for a while...

I've seen several people ask things like "is pokemonX anthro or feral?" and confusion over how to tag pokemon from a taxonomy perspective.

The rule, for the curious:

October 18th: Since it has come up recently: Please do not tag Pokémon or Digimon as their real world counterparts, but only as the family. Eg persian is not a cat but a feline, renamon is not a fox but a canine, etc.

So, my goal here is to put together a list of everything to answer these questions. :) At least in as much as a character drawn to canon proportions and design. Obviously, things will vary by the individual artist, but I'm hoping to give people a 'starting point.' :)

Anyway! I am not declaring these to be the correct answers! Just my best guesses. Please help me fill in empty spaces, or change and adjust information as needed!

I've only listed 15 to start with--I don't have a ton of time today and it seems easier to do this in bursts, both as far as my effort and yours both go. :) Also, if people think it's an awful idea, I'd rather not waste my time :P

It also just occurred to me that editing this would probably be easier on the wiki than a forum post, but I'd rather have an admin's blessing before I make a wikipage for this.

But, onward:

NumberNameBody TypeAnimal FamilySignificant feature tags
pkmn001BulbasaurFeralclaw_digits
pkmn002IvysaurFeralclaw_digits
pkmn003VenusaurFeralclaw_digits
pkmn004CharmanderFlaming_tail, claw_digits
pkmn005CharmeleondragonFlaming_tail, claw_digits
pkmn006CharizarddragonFlaming_tail, claw_digits, membranous_wings, horn
pkmn007Squirtleturtleturtle_shell
pkmn008WartortleTurtleturtle_shell head_wings, claw_digits
pkmn009BlastoiseTurtleturtle_shell, claw_digits (something for his cannon?)
pkmn010CaterpieFeralInsect/caterpillar?
pkmn011metapodcocoon
pkmn012ButterfreeInsectinsect_wings, antennae
pkmn013Weedleferalinsect/caterpillar?horn, stinger
pkmn014Kakunacocoon
pkmn015Beedrillanthroinsectinsect_wings, antennae, stinger

Also, ideally, everything is a link, but I am lazy today.

...I would also like to propose also setting up some aliases to help non-pokemaniacs tag pokemon. A lot of artists only write the pokedex number on their pictures, so it might be helpful if people could tag, say pkmn001, and get bulbasaur. But that's a lot of aliasing work...!

Okay yeah, I'm done for now. <3

Updated by abadbird