Topic: Nomenclature for oviposition variants

With the sudden surge of egg-related posts from the easter season, I've started thinking about how we should organize all those egg-related tags, since the current tag ecosystem is a bit chaotic (and has no implications whatsoever).

We have two core tags: oviposition for eggs coming out and egg_insertion for eggs going on, neither of which imply to the other (since egg_insersion can be done by hand, for instance). This is fine so far.

As of right now, though, the related tags look like this:

(Oddly enough, no vaginal stuff to be found.)

Is there any prefered naming convention among those that seem to currently be in use, or is there any new one that people would prefer? There's already 3500 posts tagged as oviposition, proper subtagging would definitely be welcome.

I was going to put my vote for *_oviposition, but as SnowWolf pointed out to me, while a tag like like urethral_oviposition seems straightforward enough, there's ambiguity on whether it's meant to describe actual oviposition (eggs coming out) or egg insertion. Plus, the *_in_*/*_from_* pattern is pretty common elsewhere, so with that in mind, I'd probably go with egg_from_* for oviposition. I'm still not quite sure when is comes to egg insertion, though.

Updated by Volteer133