Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: [Plugin] umami : A browser extension for e621

Posted under e621 Tools and Applications

umami

An e621 browser extension.

2.2.1 Out now with updates for new website layout

Also with improved downloading (faster)

I need testers, so pm me your telegram handle if you're interested

Overlay reference sheet

Store Links :

Firefox version
Chrome version

Any requests? Bug reports?

Source :
Available at request, (or just open up the plugin, it's just javascript), I haven't put it up anywhere as its kind of a mess of stuff i slowly put together without much care, maybe if i refine it, I'll get it up on github.

Updated

This extension is fantastic! The slideshow view looks good and having the option to quickly download and/or share the link to the page is incredibly useful.

The only issue is that after the next page of search results gets appended onto the first page, a user's blacklist is no longer applied to those new items and there's no way to filter them out using the blacklisted class. Makes slideshow user a bit of a minefield!

Since blacklisting/hiding content in /post pages happens client-side on page load, I can't really figure out a good way to fix this.

Updated by anonymous

Something that might be neat would be to have webms loop, or have a checkbox like the autostart one.

Updated by anonymous

sleith said:
The only issue is that after the next page of search results gets appended onto the first page, a user's blacklist is no longer applied to those new items and there's no way to filter them out using the blacklisted class. Makes slideshow user a bit of a minefield!

Hi,

yeh i got round to fixing this today, apologies for the delay

Updated by anonymous

alokikola said:
Something that might be neat would be to have webms loop, or have a checkbox like the autostart one.

I will look into this

Updated by anonymous

Hi there! I use your extension with Chrome Canary v79, and it seems to have suddenly stopped working. Image overlays don't load. When it tries to load an image, it prints this to the console:

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://e621.net/post/show/910323 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.

I'm guessing this is due to a change in Chrome's policies for cross-origin requests, which are documented here:
https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/extension-content-script-fetches

Is there anything you can do in the short-term to fix this?

Updated by anonymous

anonymousanalogue said:
Hi there! I use your extension with Chrome Canary v79, and it seems to have suddenly stopped working. Image overlays don't load. When it tries to load an image, it prints this to the console:

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://e621.net/post/show/910323 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.

I'm guessing this is due to a change in Chrome's policies for cross-origin requests, which are documented here:
https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/extension-content-script-fetches

Hmm, were you using e926.net?

Because it really shouldn't be a cross origin request, the scripts only run on e621.net and e926.net, so...

Ok chrome now treats content scripts as running in the chrome extension domain for xhr requests.... great, i will look into moving the request into the background script.

anonymousanalogue said:
Is there anything you can do in the short-term to fix this?

In short maybe, and I'm on it. :D

I'm doing a fairly major re-write of it at the moment, do you have telegram or so? I'll send you a pm and we can see about figuring it out / giving you a test version.

On another note I need testers, so PM me with your telegram handle if you want to test.

Updated by anonymous

2.0 Is out now

On firefox, it's uploaded to chrome store but pending review

anonymousanalogue said:
Is there anything you can do in the short-term to fix this?

Done, it should now work in the current chrome canary too once approved on the store

Updated by anonymous

Would you happen to have just the .crx file? I'm using Ungoogled Chromium and unfortunately can't install extensions from the Chrome Store directly.

Updated by anonymous

HarryBenson said:
Would you happen to have just the .crx file? I'm using Ungoogled Chromium and unfortunately can't install extensions from the Chrome Store directly.

I have pm'd you a test link, if it works I'll add it to the op

The crx won't load because it's unauthorized or some other bs, so I have added links to zip files in the op, you can add them using developer modes in firefox and chrome (will need to unzip for chrome)

I will look into packaging them up properly in the future

Updated by anonymous

Is there a reference for the filename patterns?
edit: Nevermind I found the ? tooltips next to the options

Updated by anonymous

Hi there, really awesome extension you've made. I just bought an external monitor that I intend to use in portrait, and I've noticed that the slideshow view tends to truncate the right side of an image if it is wide enough. I can send you a video of what I mean if you'd like.

(I'm running Firefox v71 by the way)

Updated by anonymous

perspectracoon said:
Hi there, really awesome extension you've made. I just bought an external monitor that I intend to use in portrait, and I've noticed that the slideshow view tends to truncate the right side of an image if it is wide enough. I can send you a video of what I mean if you'd like.

(I'm running Firefox v71 by the way)

Sure, I'll IM you and can send me the vid.

Updated by anonymous

I'm having an annoying issue where the update notice screen pops up every time I open the site in a new tab in private browsing mode. (I'm on Firefox, haven't tested other browsers.)

It doesn't matter how many times I've closed the notice during the session, it keeps popping up as if it was the first time I'm visiting. I've even opened the site on regular browsing mode (where the notice only popped up once) in the hopes that Firefox will remember it in private browsing to no avail.

Any idea what might be the problem? Any chance that there could be an option to disable the notice screen?

Updated by anonymous

taliont said:
I'm having an annoying issue where the update notice screen pops up every time I open the site in a new tab in private browsing mode. (I'm on Firefox, haven't tested other browsers.)

It doesn't matter how many times I've closed the notice during the session, it keeps popping up as if it was the first time I'm visiting. I've even opened the site on regular browsing mode (where the notice only popped up once) in the hopes that Firefox will remember it in private browsing to no avail.

Any idea what might be the problem? Any chance that there could be an option to disable the notice screen?

Apologies, I will look into that with the current update.

Hopefully ready in the next day or two.

A few issues with 2.1:

On Firefox I'm getting the warning Loading failed for the <script> with source “moz-extension://904ba7cc-db87-42cc-988f-c55f0b7bf4b3/pagejs/page.js”. in the console. I'm guessing that pagejs/page.js was moved to js/page.js.

The voteUp, voteDown, favorite, and download key bindings don't work.

Key bindings can't be configured (it just gets stuck waiting for an option)

Otherwise good job on the update.

attackhelicopter said:
A few issues with 2.1:

On Firefox I'm getting the warning Loading failed for the <script> with source “moz-extension://904ba7cc-db87-42cc-988f-c55f0b7bf4b3/pagejs/page.js”. in the console. I'm guessing that pagejs/page.js was moved to js/page.js.

The voteUp, voteDown, favorite, and download key bindings don't work.

Key bindings can't be configured (it just gets stuck waiting for an option)

Otherwise good job on the update.

Thanks, I'm already fixing some of the items you mentioned.

On a side note for others, the update is now live for firefox and chrome. (google were being a bitch about it too, complaining that I need to provide more pictures of the plugin.... when the 2 that I've had on there for the past 2 years have been fine....)

Update 2.2.1 is live,

Improved downloading and fixes for the bugs mentioned above by AttackHelicopter and taliont

I like this extension very much, thank you for your hard work! But I can't seem to get it working on a "WaterFox Current" (a fork from Firefox).
Do you support other browser forks or you just stick to mainline Firefox only?
Thanks in advance.

rl-1004 said:
I like this extension very much, thank you for your hard work! But I can't seem to get it working on a "WaterFox Current" (a fork from Firefox).
Do you support other browser forks or you just stick to mainline Firefox only?
Thanks in advance.

Can you install addons from the mozzila addon site? If not then you might need to use the version I host seperatley, which reminds me I need to update them.

Firefox version
Chrome version

Edit:

Ok so seems that you can install normally, but for some reason it doesn't load correctly, i will look into it.

Bug found, fix uploaded to addon site, please make sure to update.

Updated

Your 'overlay reference sheet' seems to be borked, it links to i.imgur.com (exactly, ie. not to any actual image)

savageorange said:
Your 'overlay reference sheet' seems to be borked, it links to i.imgur.com (exactly, ie. not to any actual image)

Huh....

Ok, well it needed updating anyway, so I'll go ahead and do that.

Updated

Ever since the global blacklist change I've had a problem where images that are blocked by this global blacklist cannot be viewed by the overlay slideshow (the one that opens when you left click an image in a pool). All it does is say "You must be logged in to view this image. (learn more)", which is what appears when you open such images on this website while not logged in. I, however, always log in (every time, since this is Tor Browser, AKA Firefox 68). Allowing scripts from e621.net changes absolutely nothing. I think this might be a flaw in how this extension loads images, related to people above saying that their own blacklists do not apply to slideshow. Sorry, you can't get away with loading images anonymously anymore, global blacklist cut off like a quarter of this entire website now.

Download functionality on Firefox doesn't seem to work; neither the button on the slideshow nor the hotkeys on individual posts. It looks like it's getting the hotkey input, as ctrl-s, the default will not open the full page save dialogue as it would without umami. The other hotkeys work fine.
Edit: This seems to happen if you ask umami to save without any arguments in the config for individual posts. Doesn't like saving them as just the md5.

this has been a great extension i've used all the time since i installed it, but since the recent update, as i'm sure you're aware, whenever you view an image on the actual post page, the image disappears so that you really have no way to view full size images for those extra long images. that said it's something i'd like to see fixed in a future update. and again, you're doing gods work making it a whole lot easier to navigate this site and it's posts with this extension, keep it up!

I just started using this extension, but I noticed that if I don't want to use slideshow mode, when I left click an image it forcefully opens the post in a new tab. Is there a way to disable the new tab open on click ?

does the slideshow act randomly for anyone else

it'll just arbitrarily start autoplaying at some point in browsing and either never stop or stop when you do some completely random thing like messing with a random option or expanding a collapsed option group with no rhyme or reason and even quitting and relaunching slideshow mode doesn't stop it, and a fresh install has no impact

insanely annoying mostly because it makes no sense at all

gaslighting-ass issue to have lol

  • 1