Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: e621 mobile version

Posted under e621 Tools and Applications

Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version.

https://e621.us.to/
https://e621.uk.to/

30.06.2016: Service alive!
06.08.2016: Additional domain
04.11.2016: Fixed "Clear" button functionality
06.06.2017: Added rating filter
11.09.2017: New hosting and 2nd domain
16.01.2018: New domains
13.03.2019: Im still alive, and image-per-page setting now have standard expire time.
24.02.2020: SSL (https protocol) is now enabled

e62.1x.net
e62.1x.de
e621.url.ph
е621.ml
е621.s.co
e6.21.rs
e621.t28.nеt

What inside:
- Small page size for mobile internet - ~3kb/~230kb with low-mode pictures
- Changeable low-res/hi-res modes
- Mobile-friendly pages: only html and css, content automatically fit screen width
- Blacklist + combo BL
- Basic info under pictures - rating, score, size
- Icons for mobile devices by "Eclipse933" http://e621.net/user/show/6206
- Supports "Chrome homescreen-installed app" feature for android and IOS - just tap "add to homescreen"

Designed for IOS, BB, Symbain and other devices that cant use apps
All ideas and questions you can post here, write to cuberope(at)ya.ru or pm directly to me

Thanks

P.S. If you see that something broken or service completely offline - please PM to me:
https://e621.net/dmail/compose?to=cuberope
or write email:
cuberope(at)ya.ru

Updated

It looks fine and all, but I've browsed e621 using a standard mobile internet browser before, and that worked just fine for me. What makes yours better?

Updated by anonymous

Riversyde said:
It looks fine and all, but I've browsed e621 using a standard mobile internet browser before, and that worked just fine for me. What makes yours better?

Less size of page, less movements for viewing, no javascript support required, auto-fit to display.
Maybe your phone powerful enough to browse the site just like on pc, but it's actually optimized for old smartphone models

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Less size of page, less movements for viewing, no javascript support required, auto-fit to display.
Maybe your phone allows you to browse the site, so as-well as on the pc, but it's optimized for older models, why no?

Administration is not against the existence of this site?

It's alright (with us) as long as your website isn't malicious/doesn't redirect to a malicious website and doesn't attempt to gather personal details of users or their accounts.

Updated by anonymous

Yeah, I'll just keep browsing the regular site on my phone instead of putting my trust in some random person who isn't affiliated with the site aside from being a member there. When and if the E621 staff create a mobile version of the site, I'm sure we'll all flock to that.

Updated by anonymous

Well, i had a quick look over the page code and i'm quite sure that there are no redirections or stuff, only visit counters. This site also have no authorisation, so no passwords or logins can be gathered for now.
Ad-free aswell.
As for me, this mobile version is quite nice for me with my iphone, i dont even need to zoom in and out. It's also still faster than e621.net if i use mobile internet.
Thank you, man.

Updated by anonymous

Converted the site to an Android App: http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/e621
I added a refresh button to the app menu just to reload the current page.

---

I've noticed a few things that could be improved upon though:
  • Change the "X" button to be more descriptive.
  • Instead of showing text for blacklisted posts, it would be great if it wouldn't show those at all, but rather fill the homepage with 25 non-blacklisted posts.
  • Add default text such as "Enter tag(s) here..." to the tag search box. People might think that the box is just a decoration on the page.
  • "Scroll to Top/Bottom" links or another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top of the page for easier navigation instead of scrolling all the way down.

Most of these are really for aesthetics though. The site itself works great on my Droid RAZR.

Updated by anonymous

Keito said:
Well, i had a quick look over the page code and i'm quite sure that there are no redirections or stuff, only visit counters. This site also have no authorisation, so no passwords or logins can be gathered for now.
Ad-free aswell.
As for me, this mobile version is quite nice for me with my iphone, i dont even need to zoom in and out. It's also still faster than e621.net if i use mobile internet.
Thank you, man.

Nice to hear :3

Otsoko said:
Converted the site to an Android App: http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/e621
I added a refresh button to the app menu just to reload the current page.

Not bad

I'm also add meta-icon for ios devices, and you can put this icon as bookmark on home-screen

Otsoko said:
Change the "X" button to be more descriptive.

Change to what?

Otsoko said:
Instead of showing text for blacklisted posts, it would be great if it wouldn't show those at all, but rather fill the homepage with 25 non-blacklisted posts.

Hmm, i can make it turnable in settings

Otsoko said:
Add default text such as "Enter tag(s) here..." to the tag search box. People might think that the box is just a decoration on the page.

Many code + js, I dont think that is a important thing

Otsoko said:
"Scroll to Top/Bottom" links or another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top of the page for easier navigation instead of scrolling all the way down.

i will make another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top

Thank for you reply!

Updated by anonymous

not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.
tested on android, it looks horrendous

HUGELY dislike the "official" status you are trying to give.. and yet no link backs. the image quality is low, Directly leeched thumbnails from the site. So basically a leech of bandwidth and resources.

Do not approve. Fix at least the link backs and the image quality or you will be blocked from the API backend

<Note for varka, this is an old forum post, lol.>

Updated by anonymous

Aurali said:
not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.
tested on android, it looks horrendous

HUGELY dislike the "official" status you are trying to give.. and yet no link backs. the image quality is low, Directly leeched thumbnails from the site. So basically a leech of bandwidth and resources.

Do not approve. Fix at least the link backs and the image quality or you will be blocked from the API backend

I dont try to give "official" status, lol, i just made it and show here.

No yet links back? Why? Under pictures there is a link in brackets to post on the main site.
In settings i place link to the main site again.

Quality is CHANGEABLE, srsly, this is why I put the hi-res button on a top.

Resources?
>e621 recieves over 1,500,000 pageviews a day
I do not think that a couple of mobile users downloading thumbnails takes a stupendous amount of your system resources.

I dont robs a desktop users, I simply add a tiny number of mobile, I do not think that everyone will use this mobile service, just someone may find it useful, the link under the picture always is present, after going through it the user gets to your site and watch ads.

Thank you for understanding.

Updated by anonymous

please fix the lack of a visual message to e621.net; it's the only requirement we got for people using our api on outside websites.

Updated by anonymous

Resources?
>e621 recieves over 1,500,000 pageviews a day
I do not think that a couple of mobile users downloading thumbnails takes a stupendous amount of your system resources.

They still pay for bandwidth, so every little bit matters.

Updated by anonymous

Updated
+ "Results by e621.net"
+ Prev/Next buttons on top
+ Hide/Show "blacklisted" notify
+ Combo-Blacklist
+ Select the number of images per page
"X" -> "Clear"
And one bug fixed

Updated by anonymous

it seems to only searches for the first tag you enter, others are ignored. I tried different mobile browsers (stock, opera, opera mini, firefox). is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Updated by anonymous

frylop said:
it seems to only searches for the first tag you enter, others are ignored. I tried different mobile browsers (stock, opera, opera mini, firefox). is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Fixed.
Sorry for the long response.

Also, preview (low-res) now loading in http and hi-res in https, now even faster.

Updated by anonymous

Site is back to work now!
Sorry for the maintenance.

Updated by anonymous

Rainbow_Dash said:
But, we already have a mobile and it works wonders

No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C

you took an api and wrote an html parser around it.
I built ours for backwards compatibility with old browsers (mostly outdated smartphones) so we can push ahead with newer features.

but eh, you contributed and We really appreciate the effort, it's how we move forward.

Updated by anonymous

Char

Former Staff

cuberope said:
No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C

And we thank you for your time and effort on your contribution to the site. :3 Don't be discouraged just because we eventually come up with a solution of our own, we definitely want to encourage you to continue contributing.

Updated by anonymous

Sooo e621 disabled embedding their pictures, so i disable "hi-res" option :c

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Sooo e621 disabled embedding their pictures, so i disable "hi-res" option :c

Sorry about that.. someone decided to start leaching something fierce... so I had to disable some hotlinking.

Updated by anonymous

Hey!
Added some retina-size and other icons for apple devices

Thanks to user named "Eclipse" for contribution and the beautiful new icons.

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Hey!
Added some retina-size and other icons for apple devices

Thanks to user named "Eclipse" for contribution and the beautiful new icons.

Okay, leeching isn't a good thing. please don't link to the direct image, link to the mobile post.

Updated by anonymous

Alright, I was given a confirmation to let you through the firewall, so your app is square again. :3 Let us know if your getting more then 10k clicks a day though.

Anyhow, I wanna thank you for all your work on it, as we do respect people who extend our already awesome site. (and in the future might steal you for internal work ourselves.. mwuahahah)

Updated by anonymous

Updated, yeah

- Restored Hi-res function
- Improve performance
- "Back" in settings return to pages, instead settings
- Что-нибудь ещё

Updated by anonymous

'Ello, there is a bug on the mobile version, whenever i try to search a tag or go to a new page, the screen stays on the front page.I also tested this on a tablet and a computer. Just thought you should know.

Updated by anonymous

Aurali said:
not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.

You guys are lucky I get on here using Incognito mode since I have Adblock Lol But I love this site, so if I ever get on it normally I'd disable it :)

Updated by anonymous

Why are you just now advertising this? I've known about this mobile site for at least a year now. I have it bookmarked on my phone.

Updated by anonymous

FatherOfGray said:
Why are you just now advertising this? I've known about this mobile site for at least a year now. I have it bookmarked on my phone.

This thread is actually over a year old.

Updated by anonymous

Another downtime
it back in working condition

Does anyone uses it, lol?

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Another downtime
it back in working condition

Does anyone uses it, lol?

I would, if I had a mobile device. >_> But as is, the images get blown up to a very grainy low-res image on my desktop, so I don't use it. ^_^;

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Another downtime
it back in working condition

Does anyone uses it, lol?

uh this site already has a built in mobile application, the only thing i done really like about it is the inability to favorite posts and stuff.

Updated by anonymous

123easy said:
I would, if I had a mobile device. >_> But as is, the images get blown up to a very grainy low-res image on my desktop, so I don't use it. ^_^;

To decrease traffic by default displays a small preview
However, there is a button "hi-res" for original size

Moon_Moon said:
uh this site already has a built in mobile application, the only thing i done really like about it is the inability to favorite posts and stuff.

Application? You mean /post/m?
Its good, but not for old phones and slow mobile internet
I saw the application for android but it based on e62.1x, heh

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
To decrease traffic by default displays a small preview
However, there is a button "hi-res" for original size

Application? You mean /post/m?
Its good, but not for old phones and slow mobile internet
I saw the application for android but it based on e62.1x, heh

I try using the Hi-Res button but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. :)

Updated by anonymous

123easy said:
I try using the Hi-Res button but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. :)

Try push "Search" after

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Try push "Search" after

Works now!

Updated by anonymous

Wait, comrade. First I thought that your site would work perfect as proxy/anonymizer (e621 is officially blocked in Russia), but it loads without images. Like this.
Is there possibility not to request e621.net which is unreachable in our Ust'-Perduysk city?

Updated by anonymous

snovvleopard said:
Wait, comrade. First I thought that your site would work perfect as proxy/anonymizer (e621 is officially blocked in Russia), but it loads without images. Like this.
Is there possibility not to request e621.net which is unreachable in our Ust'-Perduysk city?

Ага, и тебе привет, комрад
попробуй сделать то, что я советовал в другом треде - https://e621.net/forum/show/134255
мне на телефоне это помогло, для правки hosts можно использовать, например, это приложение - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nilhcem.hostseditor
Тебе нужно занести туда домен static1.e621.net, ip отрезолвь сам

Updated by anonymous

Someone sent abuse report to hoster...
//admins?

So i get banned and this project deleted :c

R.I.P. e62.1x.net 1 yo

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Someone sent abuse report to hoster...
//admins?

So i get banned and this project deleted :c

R.I.P. e62.1x.net 1 yo

Is this permanent? I was using it and was quite happy with it.

Updated by anonymous

You mentioned before that you don't want to insert placeholder text to the search box because it would require some JS and tinkering around. I'd recommend to use an HTML5 solution instead. Simply set the input field's placeholder property and it will display the text specified if the field is empty and the browser used to display the site knows HTML5.

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version (beta).

http://e62.1x.net/[/s] (this link is dead)
http://e62.1x.de/What inside:
- Small page size for mobile internet - ~3kb/~230kb with low-mode pictures
- Changeable low-res/hi-res modes (working now)
- Mobile-friendly page: only html and css, content automatically fit in screen width
- 25 images per page - not too big and not too small (changeable)
- Blacklist + combo BL
- Show basic info under pictures - rating, score, size
- Icons for Apple devices by EclipseAnd now i'm working at landscape mode for tablets
In this topic, please write about workability on different devices, such as
Android, IOS, WP, Symbain, BB
All the ideas and questions you can put here or write to cuberope(at)ya.ruThank you!
[/quote]Awsome thanks :D

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version (beta).

http://e62.1x.net/[/s] (this link is dead)
http://e62.1x.de/What inside:
- Small page size for mobile internet - ~3kb/~230kb with low-mode pictures
- Changeable low-res/hi-res modes (working now)
- Mobile-friendly page: only html and css, content automatically fit in screen width
- 25 images per page - not too big and not too small (changeable)
- Blacklist + combo BL
- Show basic info under pictures - rating, score, size
- Icons for Apple devices by EclipseAnd now i'm working at landscape mode for tablets
In this topic, please write about workability on different devices, such as
Android, IOS, WP, Symbain, BB
All the ideas and questions you can put here or write to cuberope(at)ya.ruThank you!
[/quote]http://e62.1x.de/[/s] (the link is dead by removal)

Updated by anonymous

I don't log in on this website, but had to today.

You're doing gods work, cuberope. This mobile website version is great.
Its really useful for tablets. And even in PC, for gallery downloading purposes.

Thanks for making it!

I see you have trouble maintaining it online, don't desist! The Crumby app also works well, but I appreciate your work.

Updated by anonymous

Eddlm said:
I don't log in on this website, but had to today.

You're doing gods work, cuberope. This mobile website version is great.
Its really useful for tablets. And even in PC, for gallery downloading purposes.

Thanks for making it!

I see you have trouble maintaining it online, don't desist! The Crumby app also works well, but I appreciate your work.

Oh wow, thanks a lot!

Updated by anonymous

Ok, I just wanna say, I wish I could've seen this two years ago! This has been very helpful so far. I wish I could see comments without having to go to the link though. Also, the search bar looks like a decoration. Maybe add a magnifying glass symbol? Or default text as was previously said. Or perhaps make it a cream/white color instead of blue. Just suggestions, keep working on this please. It's absolutely amazing so far.

Updated by anonymous

Is there something wrong with the site? Can't open it in mobile or reg.

Updated by anonymous

xinmega said:
Is there something wrong with the site? Can't open it in mobile or reg.

did you check the url to make sure you are on e621.net and not e621.tv or ye621.net

Updated by anonymous

xinmega said:
Is there something wrong with the site? Can't open it in mobile or reg.

Just checked, its fine
Screenshot
Make sure url is e621.url.ph, all other domains dead

Updated by anonymous

Yea, dead
probably forever
cuz i am tired of changing hosting
i think some bad guy just every time reporting to hosting administration
i dont have free money for offshore hosting now, and no one donated :^)

i do something with it, later

Updated by anonymous

superfreak150 said:
Maybe the admins could support this and make it into the official mobile version? I love using this on my phone and would hate to see it go :(

Yeah, would like to see it stay, too.
The fullwidth pictures just make it perfectly viewable on a mobile device. e6 current mobile page just seems way to cluttered and full for small screens.

Updated by anonymous

Kaz_Foreseer said:
Clear is 404 for me.

You were reading a two year old comment, man...

Updated by anonymous

Ok, this time hosting account survived
I am doesn't know why it was blocked
You can use it as usual

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Ok, this time hosting account survived
I am doesn't know why it was blocked
You can use it as usual

Thanks a bunch!

Updated by anonymous

Rest in pepperoni

probably ddos - >1k requests yesterday

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Rest in pepperoni

probably ddos - >1k requests yesterday

Hmmmm, pepperoni *homer groan*

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version (beta).

httр://e62.1x.net/ (this link is dead)
httр://e62.1x.de/ (yes, this dead too)
http://e621.url.ph/[/s]
all links dead ¯\_(ツ_/--[/quote]Sorry wrong link all deleted :/

Updated by anonymous

superfreak150 said:
RIP e621 mobile it was a major pleasure having while it lasted
<\3

Don't worry there gonna figure it out

I Guess :/

Updated by anonymous

cuberope said:
Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version (beta).

httр://e62.1x.net/ (this link is dead)
httр://e62.1x.de/ (yes, this dead too)
http://e621.url.ph/[/s]
all links dead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯What inside:
- Small page size for mobile internet - ~3kb/~230kb with low-mode pictures
- Changeable low-res/hi-res modes (working now)
- Mobile-friendly page: only html and css, content automatically fit in screen width
- 25 images per page - not too big and not too small (changeable)
- Blacklist + combo BL
- Show basic info under pictures - rating, score, size
- Icons for Apple devices by EclipseAnd now i'm working at landscape mode for tablets
In this topic, please write about workability on different devices, such as
Android, IOS, WP, Symbain, BB
All the ideas and questions you can put here or write to cuberope(at)ya.ruThank you!
[/quote]Is it possible for you to send me the files to host it on a local web server for, uh... reasons?

Updated by anonymous

ontario.3420 said:
Is it possible for you to send me the files to host it on a local web server for, uh... reasons?

Yeah, thought about the same.
I do have a Server, but it's bandwith is not sufficient for public use. I do miss the site though and I'd like to establish a personal copy of that online.
So if you are willing to share your project, please send me a copy, too.

Updated by anonymous

(Screams) It's alive! It's alive!

http://e621.ml/

And now supports "Chrome homescreen-installed app" feature for android and IOS

Updated by anonymous

It stop working cause of Internet censorship in Russia
Fuck RKN!

i'm trying to do something

Updated by anonymous

Fixed

Maybe soon i move it to another server outside RU for better performance, so any donations are welcomed

Updated by anonymous