re621 is a comprehensive set of tools designed to enhance the website functionality for both casual and power users. It is created and maintained by unpaid volunteers, with the hope that it will be useful for the community. The project consists of several different modules that improve the entire site, top to bottom - literally.
Keeping the script - and the website - fully functional is our highest priority. If you are experiencing bugs or issues, do not hesitate to create a new ticket on github, or leave us a message in this thread. Feel free to send a DM to @bitWolfy#7932 or @Earlopain#9703 on Discord for real-time support, feature discussions, or just to chat. Feature requests, comments, and overall feedback are also appreciated.
Thank you for downloading and using this script. We hope that you enjoy the experience.
The project is delivered via a userscript. This means that you need a script manager, such as Tampermonkey.
With a script manager installed, click on the link in the releases section, and follow the instructions in the new tab.
The script is updated automatically whenever a new version is released, as long as that functionality is enabled in the extension settings. You can manually update the script by left-clicking on the version number in the Tampermonkey dashboard.
Note that re-installing the script by clicking the link in the Releases section will wipe out your current settings.
Instead, manually update the script by clicking the tampermonkey icon in the toolbar, selecting Dashboard, and then left-clicking on the last update column for the script.
A new version will then be installed automatically.
It is also recommended that you set the update interval to daily in the settings, so that you can receive all the latest changes and fixes as soon as they come out.
We have a website where you can see all features currently available https://re621.github.io/
Alternatively you can simply use the table below. The only benefit of using it over the forum post is that the you can easily view the videos/images.
( preview )
Do you have a lot of pools that you want to keep a track of? Would you like to receive updates on specific forum threads? Or do you just want to get notified of the new images of your favorite artist/tag?
Well, if that's the case, then the Subscriptions Manager module is for you. Now, you can get automatic notifications on all of these without having to keep track of specific pages.
( preview )
( preview )
Do you like to download many posts at once from e621? If so this module is for you. Select all posts you want to download and a zip file will start to download. Also works to download all posts of a pool at once.
The file names and strucure of the downloaded zip is customizable in the scripts settings.
( preview )
The links in the header are useful, but that's not what you might need every day. Now, you can customize them to your heart's content.
You can quickly navigate to the first nine tabs with the number keys.
( preview )
Pagination is now a thing of the past. New results are getting loaded automatically as you scroll, providing for an uninterrupted viewing experience.
( preview )
e621 includes a powerful markup language called DText, but it requires you to remember its tags, which are often not obvious. Now, you can use handy buttons above the comment box to insert them automatically. You are not limited to just tags - with Formatting Helper, you can create custom buttons with your own post templates.
( preview )
This module provides a powerful aliasing system, allowing you to add several pre-defined tags by typing in just one.
But that's not all. TinyAlias now automatically validates your input, verifying that the tag exists, that it's not an alias of a different tag, and that it is not on the avoid-posting list.
( preview )
The image page has been altered in several ways to make your browsing experience easier.
Post controls have been re-arranged and extended, allowing for easier voting and image group manipulation. Meanwhile, image scaling has been tweaked to allow for better fitting options, as well as on-the-fly option cycling.
( preview )
The posts page now has uniformly sized images, making it a lot prettier to look at. Doubleclick on a thumbnail to open it in a new tab.
As an added bonus if you hover over a post the image gets enlarged so that you can cleary see what you are clicking on.
( preview )
With Instant Filters, you can remove unwanted posts from the list, without having to wait for a page reload.
( preview )
The new site added hotkeys to make navigation a bit easier. We expanded on that idea, made them all customizable, and even added a few of our own.
The settings page features several options that are not big enough to warrant their own modules, but are useful nonetheless.
A few select features:
- Customize the tab title when viewing posts
- Actually download the image when clicking on download
- Quickly add a tag to your blacklist by hovering over it and clicking on the x
And much more!
- Redesigned the thumbnail enhancements from scratch
- Reworked the infinite scroll system to significantly reduce lag with a lot of loaded pages
- Better implementation of hover zoom. Better resolution, less lag, and WEBM support included
- Improved the quick edit form, with several additional inputs and more file information
- Added caching to SmartAlias tag searches, in an effort to reduce the number of API calls
- Favorites caching system is no longer needed and has been removed
- Added an option to disable moving the related post thumbnails to the sidebar
- Added an option to stop making some sidebar tag categories bold
- Forced e621 to update the thumbnail scaling settings to match the script's config
- Added a way to download all of the post's tags as a text file
- Added upvote / downvote hotkeys that do not remove existing votes
- Fixed all tag subscription entries getting blacklisted
- Restored the search query on individual post pages
- Preliminary solution to post thumbnails being double-loaded
- Set the ubiquitous tags to be kept in the cache for longer
- Fixed a critical bug that caused pagination to only recognize the first page
- Fixed the post fullscreen mode hotkey not working
- Made the collapsable sections in the settings menu stand out a bit more
- Removed the last remnants of settings synchronization from the script
- Added an option to place post ribbons on the bottom of the thumbnail
- Fixed a bug that was causing hover zoom tags to extend far beyond the image's width
- Rewritten the version checker from scratch. Changelog glitches and phantom updates should be gone.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the page to extend into infinity when adding or removing posts from sets from the search page
- Replaced the hotkey library. Binding several actions to one key is now possible.
- Fixed a critical issue causing API calls to fail if looking up a tag that had a + sign in it
- Fixed the mass downloader crash when trying to fetch a deleted file
- Fixed the favorites downloader queue order. Latest favorited posts are now added first.
- Fixed a bug causing "upvote on favorite" not to trigger when using the sidebar fav button.
- Prevented a fatal error that occurs if a subscription update is executed without an internet connection
- Stopped tags that have symbols in them from breaking the Infinite Scroll
- Stopped hover zoom from triggering on page down and page up button clicks in shift-hold mode
- Fixed a potential memory leak caused by thumbnail events not being unbound correctly
- Fixed buggy keybindings when trying to use shift key with multiple other keys (ex. shift+a+1)
- Removed some stray debug messages
- Rewritten the way re621 patches the DOM structure. Loading times should be marginally faster.
- Implemented a/b page number formatting. Navigation past page 750 is now available once more.
- Extended HoverZoom to thumbnails outside the search page. Avatars and post previews should work too.
- Added a hotkey to toggle the blacklist
- Fixed pagination sometimes getting stuck, refusing to acknowledge the existance of the next page.
- Fixed several issues with FormattingHelper, SmartAlias, and UploadUtilities not loading
- Implemented a system through which the script will only load once the window is in focus
- Prevented potential duplicate actions triggered when holding down a hotkey
- Configured the API wrapper to re-check the authentication token on every request
- Removed unnecessary debug output
- Applied hover zoom to thumbnails in the comments index
- Added some extraneous information to hover zoom display
- Dynamically remove thumbnail hover text to stop it from interfering with hover zoom
- Restored the wiki page link in the tag list to its original position
- Moved subscription cache out of settings and into local storage
- Fixed the crash when searching for order:random
- Fixed MassDownloader not initializing properly
- PostSuggester: Excluded already favorited posts from the suggestions
- PostSuggester: Fetch tags from the last 500 favorited posts, instead of last uploaded ones
- HoverZoom: Added an option to display the upload time as an absolute value, instead of a relative one
- CustomFlagger: Moved the flags above the tag field on the post edit page
- BetterSearch: Added two new search modes. "Fullscreen" opens the clicked post's image in fullscreen mode. "Blacklist" blacklists it.
- SubscriptionsManager: Fixed a crash caused by empty subscriptions cache
- Added a "random post" to set cover pages
- Added a hotkey to open post history
- Added custom flags to thumbnails on non-search pages
- Made thumbnail ribbons slightly larger
- Fixed a typo
- Only load modules that require API calls in focused windows to avoid rate limiting
- Set the focus properly on the Formatting Helper textarea when switching between editing and preview modes
- Updated dependencies and cleaned up the code
- Added three new blacklist formats: width, height , filesize. Range values are supported.
- Spell-checked the entire script. This may or may not have broken something.
- Added some extra error handling for the config patcher.
- Replaced the hotkey library. Again.
- Prevented hotkey conflicts. For example, a hotkey bound to Ctrl+E should not trigger a hotkey bound to E.
- Re-added "Submit Form" hotkey. Check your settings, the old binding might have been removed.
- Reworked subscription update rendering. No visual changes, but should improve performance.
- Added favcount blacklist filtering option. Range values are supported.
- Resolved an issue with shift-modified number keys being treated as invalid
- Fixed symbolic hotkeys not working correctly in some cases
- Added search result statistics: approximate number of posts and update frequency
- Added an option to hide the blacklist filters section in the sidebar
- Tweaked default thumbnail settings to match the normal site look
- Prevented repeated actions when holding down a hotkey. Again.
- Fixed subscription updates sometimes not getting marked as new
- Prevented image scaling from overriding the active blacklist
- Resolved an issue causing subscriptions to crash when there is no internet connection.
- Show the page update frequency in days when hovering over the corresponding text
- Added two variables to title customizer: general and all
- Added a post frequency graph, as well as more detailed post update information on hover
- Created a new settings tab for blacklist settings
- Added an option to exclude your favorited posts from all blacklist filters
- Added an option to exclude your uploaded posts from all blacklist filters
- Implemented a "Tag Changes" section in the post edit form
- Added some validation to source URLs on the upload form
- Added a whitelist - posts with tags specified there will never be filtered out
- Fixed IntantFilter compatibility issues with the new thumbnail rendering system
- Fixed meta-key presses not going through on the subscription update previews
- Minor styling fix on the search statistics section
- Removed post update frequency statistics from the favorites page
- Added a button that collapses the search page sidebar
- Resolved an issue causing the sidebar to expand when hovering over source links
- Forced the external links under "related" on the post page to open in a new tab
- Fixed pool and set navigation hotkeys that broke after a site update
- Added support for the new "both" option in the ThemeCustomizer's navbar settings
- Added video duration display to thumbnails
- Added blacklist support for duration meta tag. Range values are also supported.
- Added an option to suppress script update notifications
- Limited the blacklist filter section in the sidebar to 50% of the viewport's height to avoid visual glitches with a fixed sidebar
- Fixed the search navbar on the post page overflowing when searching for a large number of tags
- Added an option to only download the current page of favorites instead of all of them at once
- Added an option to redirect post history tag links to corresponding wiki pages
- Added an option to reveal a blacklisted image by clicking on it on the individual post page
- Fixed the incorrect offset on the note previews
- Added an extra check to hover zoom to make sure that the post has a sampled version
- Replaced jquery.hotkeys library source to fix a "missing map" warning in the console
- Added the Progress Tracker, which highlights posts that you have not seen yet
- Highlighted blacklisted posts that have not been filtered out in red
- Added filter comparison type aliases, to match the site's native functionality
- Fixed a bug that caused post lookup to fail if searching for a tag containing a percentage sign
- Fixed an infinite loading bug on the post page that appeared after the site update
- Temporarily disable the ImageScaler
- Minor consistency fix on the notes toggle
- Fixed ImageScaler for the latest site update
- Fixed a bug causing vanilla hotkeys not getting disabled properly
- Resolved some inconsistencies when fetching post data
- Excluded interactive (webm and sfw) posts from scaling when clicking on the image
- Added an option to re-organize scaling modes
- Moved the ad leaderboard above the image navigation
- Implemented Post Recommender, a tool that analyzes your favorites and suggests similar posts
- Added Custom Flags, a way to automatically highlight posts that match saved tag strings
- Opening the notifications window automatically opens the tab with new content
- Made the forum thread title slightly more user-readable
- Performance tweaks and fixes
- Removed an outdated DNP list
- Resolved an issue with PostSuggester using the wrong username
- Resolved an issue with Formatting Helper failing to display plus (+) signs in the preview mode
- Added separate hotkeys for adding / removing favorites
- Added hotkeys for adding posts to pools and sets
- Added a character counter to the blacklist textarea
- Resolved a bug that caused subscription update timers to fail
- Fixed a possible issue with clicking the subscription multiple times before it finishes processing
- Added a "remove from cache" button to subscription updates
- Re-worked module dependencies to increase stability
- Subscription updates and notifications are now synchronized across browser tabs
- Made subscription update interval and maximum age customizable
- Changed the order of notifications tabs - tags now come first
- Added a way to mass-download all of your favorites
- Added a header shortcut for the DMail inbox
- Added several new hotkeys
- Resolved an issue causing subscription update timer to sometimes be in the past
- Fixed Pool Downloader not working with sets correctly
- Applied the blacklist to the tag subscription updates
- Added hotkeys to switch between search page modes
- Resolved a potential issue that could cause subscription cache to get wiped when updating
- Disabled double-click thumbnail actions when the search page is not in viewing mode
- Added autocomplete to the TinyAlias input field
- Tweaked TinyAlias interface
- Added an md5 variable to downloader utilities
- Added an option to preserve thumbnail hover text
- Resolved a problem causing the number of blacklisted filtered posts to be doubled
- Implemented a potential fix to blacklist failing to apply to the page
- Another potential fix to blacklist failing to apply to the page
- Fixed "disable all filters" button sometimes not appearing
Another hotfix release
- Resolved several issues that caused the subscription notifications to update needlessly
- Added an option to presere the thumbnail image ratio instead of cropping
- Made the tag list (slightly) bigger
- Fixed HeaderCustomizer tab hotkeys rebinding
- Fixed TinyAlias needlessly adding a wiki link after a tag has already been inserted
- Fixed potential page reflows when lazy-unloading thumbnails
- Fixed an issue with xmlHttpRequest implementation sometimes not sending the request body
- Replaced placeholder archive names for mass downloader modules
- Fixed voting buttons on thumbnails for very wide images
- Resolved several issues with "preserve ratio" option for thumbnails
The theme of this week's patch is performance. Multiple improvements have been made to make using RE621 a smoother experience.
- Upgraded the form creation engine to a new version. Performance should improve
- Tweaked dialog windows to render content when first opened instead of on page load
- Redesigned the settings menu to be less cluttered and more responsive
- Redesigned the interface from the ground up
- Added an option to favorite posts from the search page
- You must reset the settings cache from the settings menu to use the option above
- Rewritten the module from scratch
- Better looks, functionality, and speed
- Custom flags now work on the "popular" and "favorites" pages
- Improved subscription update performance
- List of subscriptions is now sorted alphabetically and kept updated across tabs
- Rewritten the recovery process used when an update gets interrupted
- Increases the maximum subscription size to 320
- Accounted for potential throttling
- Removed a redundant API call in TinyAlias
- Added a hotkey to add the post to the latest used set
- General code cleanup and peformance improvements
- Fixed a glitched out header that could occur with a slow connection
- Fixed occasional lag caused by HeaderCustomizer reflowing
- Fixed WikiEnhancer not working on non-existing wiki pages
- Fixed the toolbar on the post page causing page content overflow
- Fixed the blacklist not recognizing rating values
- Fixed set navbar not using navigational hotkeys
- Moved cache settings into its own section under the Utilities tab
- Added limits to the maximum number of subscriptions - 1200 for tags, 500 for everything else
- Your favorites can now be used in blacklists and custom flags (ex. fav:bitWolfy)
- Fixed the About page changelog not updating when the script gets updated
- Properly remove posts from subscription cache if they have been deleted from the site
- Fixed the blacklist not recognizing status:* entries
- Fixed custom flags sometimes failing to expand on hover
- Corrected several typos
- "Add to Favorites" thumbnail button can now be visible even if the voting buttons are hidden
- Fixed the forum notification dot in the header
- Fixed the changelog sometimes failing to load
- Improved DNP list fetching speed
- Add an option to turn off favorites caching
- Tweaked the style of the voting buttons
- Fixed poorly colored upload form switches
- Fixed an issue causing the favorites cache to be loaded needlessly
- Fixed voting buttons sometimes being unclickable
- Added better error handling for the E621 API wrapper
- Fixed the "add to last used set" hotkey sometimes not working in Firefox
- Fixed pool subscriptions freezing when it couldn't find a thumbnail to display
- Rewritten TinyAlias to be much more useful and helpful
- Added on-the-fly tag validation
- Implemented wildcard aliases
- Added a built-in check for image duplicates to the upload form
- Added links to several reverse image search engines
- Added double-click actions: add to blacklist, add to current set, toggle current set
- Added an option to only load GIFs on hover when thumbnail upscaling is set to "Always"
- Added separate bindings for adding and removing the post from the current set
- Added hotkeys that add the current post to a user-specified set
- Added a hotkey to open the current image in fullscreen mode
- Added a recovery routine that should fix some favorites cache invalidation issues
- Added an option to redirect the site's title page
- Added an option to right-align header tabs
- Fixed meta-key presses not working on thumbnails
- Fixed "open edit tab" hotkey pasting its value into the textarea
- Fixed an error with the settings import form
- Fix the meta-key click on a thumbnail causing two tabs to open in some cases
- Added the missing userscript icon in Violentmonkey
- Disabled the typo fixer in SmartAlias. Might make a comeback later.
- Added a "Manual Only" update interval option for subscriptions
- Fixed the update interval being set far into the future in some cases
The project underwent a major rewrite in order to create a chrome extension version of the script.
- Rewritten the Subscription Manager to be faster and more versatile
- Added a way to subscribe to post comment threads
- Tweaked Infinite Scroll to load all pages up to the current one when going back through history
- Switched the Theme Customizer to use the site's own settings for smoother transitions
- Applied Thumbnail Enhancer actions and effects to thumbnails on other pages
- Re-written the DNP list handling to remove a largely unnecessary external file
- Added a red dot to the forum tab in the header if there are new posts in the forum
- Improved Mass Downloader status text for fetching API data
- Fixed subscription images sometimes missing initially while they load
- Fixed some font-awesome icons not being formatted correctly
- Fixed a potential error when using prev / next post hotkeys
- Fixed hotkeys not getting registered on some pages
- Throttled the Infinite Scroll event listener for the sake of performance
- Removed a duplicate e621 logo if the Header Customizer is disabled
- Split the script's metadata into a separate file for faster version checking
- Performance improvements
- Fixed thumbnails not displaying in Formatting Helper preview mode
- Removed a redundant background from the mass downloader sidebar section
- Resolved a layering problem resulting in site notices displaying under the thumbnails
- Fixed the forum thread subscriptions not working under certain circumstances
- Fixed the manual subscription update button sometimes marking old updates as new
- Implemented a Mass Downloader utility. This module allows you to download posts by selecting them from the search page, as well as grouped by pools or sets.
- Re-worked the Thumbnail Enhancer. The size and shape of image previews can now be customized to your heart's content.
- Made collapsing tag categories persistant
- Added a way to reset module settings
- Filtered out blacklisted posts from the subscriptions
- Ensured that notifications can get cleared while an update is running
- Fixed ForumSubscriptions notifying you about your own posts
- Fixed a display issue caused by posts being deleted
- Resolved a compatibility issue with ViolentMonkey
- Fixed an issue with ImageScaler conflicting with notes
- Disabled hotkeys on posts with Flash content
- Fixed MassDownloader's box-selection not working with InfiniteScroll
- Added an option to use thumbnail zoom in editing mode
- Replaced thumbnail borders with colored corner ribbons
- Reduced the size of the thumbnail highlight when double-clicking
- The blacklist would not work as expected because of a site update
- Improved performance of Thumbnail Enhancer by lazy-loading images
- Added an option to make the header navbar stick to the viewport
- Resolved an issue causing Mass Downloader to crash when encountering globally blacklisted files
- Fixed an issue causing the Mass Downloader "selected file" icon to go missing
- Tweaked the positioning of Instant Seach page separator for better clarity
- Disable text length constraints on DText-formatted inputs
- Tweaked the DNP list to be updated on a schedule, instead of on release
- Fixed zoom-on-hover functionality on the Popular page
- Replaced the old DNP list URL with the new, working one
- Fixed the non-functional form buttons
- Tweaked TinyAlias to stop blocking form submission
- Fixed inconsistent SubscriptionManager tab widths
- Hide the Pool Navigator checkboxes when there is only one navbar visible
- Specify the appropriate user-agent for API requests
- Fixed the FormattingHelper breaking the post editing form
- Resolved an issue with unbinding hotkeys
- Fixed a bug that caused issues with InfiniteScroll if InstantFilters were off
- Fixed a possible error when hovering over an thumbnail before the script has loaded
- Made Alt+Enter work on all input fields, not just FormattingHelper ones
Initial public release
- Added an option to reset module settings
- Stopped the Forum Subscriptions from notifying users about their own messages
- Fixed notifications not being cleared while an update is in progress
- Fixed the Image Scaler dropdown menu not saving its value
- Resolved duplicated IDs in the Formatting Helper
- Resolved an issue that caused the script to crash if the blacklist was empty
- Disable ImageScaler's click-to-resize functionality when editing notes