The theme presented here is a quick conversion of some of the base hexagon theme elements, so it isn't expected that everyone will be happy with it. We are still working on the theme and working on adding support for multiple themes back into the site. It's a large task, so it will take some time to complete.
This thread exists to let you help with changes you'd like to see.
Please keep feedback constructive, as there is nothing actionable in 'I don't like the way it looks.' or 'The colors hurt my eyes.' Instead focus on how these things can be changed to help resolve the problems that you have with the theme. It's also important to remember that it's unlikely that everyone will agree with all changes suggested here, and that some level of compromise will be made, so be civil with others if you disagree with their suggestions. We don't have a way to just snap our fingers and make the site look exactly like it used to, or we would have.
The most helpful thing you can do is to provide CSS snippets that resolve the problems that you have with the theme so that they can be evaluated and integrated into the code base. CSS snippets can be tested from within the advanced user settings.
Suggestions for writing useful CSS rules:
- Structure your changes around the idea that they are generic and can be applied to many elements instead of only a specific copy on a single page.
- If your change requires changing class attributes on an element, please list it in your feedback so that it can be added to the element.
- Colors on the site are mostly based on variables, so if you're using the color of another element, list which element you took the color from. If a new color is needed, please list the color, and how you obtained it(a lighter version of the text color, etc.)
- If you believe that your change would make a good generic utility function, please specify what you would like to see it used for in the future.
Known caveats of the theme while it is being cleaned up:
- There is way too much page specific CSS code on the site, and almost all elements are scoped too specifically.
- There are essentially no class definitions on elements right now. As the theme is cleaned up this should improve.
- There are some utility classes but they are not well documented or exported. Some of these can be found in the source code, but I don't currently have a list of utility classes to give you.
- Theme changes are a lower priority than ensuring stability and operation of the site. Please be patient for review and implementation of changes.