Yet another CoC update for you all to enjoy, though this time it's a lot more incremental than the last one. Without further ado here's the general changes.
- Clarified that moderator actions can be appealed by contacting an admin
- Minor wording changes
Messages – Private and Public
- Streamlined and simplified the wording of several rules by removing unnecessary lists of examples.
- Clarified some wording regarding rules against harmful medical or legal advice
- Specified that any attempts to contact someone who had indicated that they do not wish to talk to you constitutes harassment, not just repeated ones.
- Specified that purposeful misgendering is always against the rules, not just in regards to other users or characters.
Posts and Tags
- Changed the requirement for minimum number of tags on upload from four to ten.
- Moved note vandalism into a separate rule.
- Added source abuse to the rule against tagging and rating abuse.
- Clarified that source links should normally be publicly available, and specified that using piracy sites as sources is against the rules.
- Added a rule on the handling of dead links.
- Specified that you are not allowed to claim ownership of other people's characters.
Abuse of Site Tools
- Clarified the wording of what we define as "site restrictions", and that none of them should be bypassed by creating an alt account.
- Clarified that you should not commit any actions on behalf of a banned user.
Extreme or Illegal Content
- Separated "Illegal Activities" and "Extreme Content" into different rules, as not all extreme content is universally illegal.
- Clarified that expressing or indicating any degree of attraction to real-life children or animals is against the rules.
As always we welcome all feedback.