Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: The story behind your username

Posted under Off Topic

When I registered on e621, I was going to call myself "Dunkelzahn" ("dark tooth" in German, name of a dragon in the Shadowrun RPG).

But then I thought, "that's not very original". Maybe "Funkelzahn" (glitter tooth) is better. Google gave me hundreds of results for that name, so I needed something else.

Eventually, I came up with "Munkelzahn" (rumor tooth). It doesn't mean anything, but it appeared nowhere on Google.

Updated by TransfatAsshat

I found this place shortly after moving back to america from Japan and was single at the time, so I felt that lone wolf in japanese was a good fit.
Not that I claim to be a wolf. I am a people.

Updated by anonymous

i pick my name cuz it kewl :D :3 ;D ;D ;) ;D ;3 <3 :3~ ;3

ippiki_ookami said:
I found this place shortly after moving back to america from Japan and was single at the time, so I felt that lone wolf in japanese was a good fit. Not that I claim to be a wolf. I am a people.

Oh, ippiki, you're such a wolf. You shouldn't deny your true heritage.

Updated by anonymous

I was going to use my usual name, but I wanted something a bit more boding and came up with Swamp Root. I grew up in a swamp so it seemed fitting.

edit* removed my secret identity

Updated by anonymous

Actinide family of elements.
Yes, the radioactive ones.

They're about as offputting as my personality, so I figured it was a nice fit.

Updated by anonymous

Actini said:
Actinide family of elements.
Yes, the radioactive ones.

They're about as offputting as my personality, so I figured it was a nice fit.

:-D

Updated by anonymous

Kald

Former Staff

A randomly generated name from Everquest, back in early 2001.

Updated by anonymous

I made it because i like dragons. Dragons are cool. And ice is cool too... yeah.

Updated by anonymous

I have another alias I primarily use on the internet. The name I'm using here is derived from it for use with my "naughty" accounts.

Updated by anonymous

A justframe is an action requiring perfect accuracy AND timing.

Basically, I have style, and you don't.

Updated by anonymous

[full fursona name withheld 7/23/12, it actually came up on Google search..], or Valence, came to my mind trying to come up with a character name for a roleplay, and going through each letter of the alphabet trying to come up with something I thought sounded decent. As you could guess, it took a while. Ended up at va-, thought of valence electrons, and figured it'd be a cool name. Though I prefer to be called Valence, I consider "Valencium" to be the proper name, sounding similar to many elements. Desumo came up from translating electron to latin. So there you have it.

(Given similar origins, I see why Actini would comment on my name on the IRC~)

Updated by anonymous

My name comes from an old villain character I used as an antagonist in an ancient D&D-esque system that I DMed way back in the early 90's. (It was based loosely on 2nd edition D&D and Heroquest.)

After a while I started using the name in other places, from video games to (eventually) the internet. When I encountered a forum, I went with Shatari as a second choice (the first one being taken), and I've been using it non-stop ever since.

Here lately there's been a major influx of Shataris around the web due to a World of Warcraft town of a similar name and it's been popular in the orient for a while since it's the name of an herb, but I was Shatari before Shatari went pop.

Princess_Celestia said:
I am princess celestia, I am a princess, who controls the sun. There ya go.

Technically, shouldn't you be a queen? I know Disney has done it's best to make all queens evil and unappealing to younger audiences, but there doesn't seem to be any monarchs above you so...

Updated by anonymous

Shatari said:

Technically, shouldn't you be a queen? I know Disney has done it's best to make all queens evil and unappealing to younger audiences, but there doesn't seem to be any monarchs above you so...

Didn't the Nostalgia Critic already cover this?

Updated by anonymous

I usually like really convoluted names, so in a spate of self-irony I named myself "123easy" because it was as easy as pressing 123easy. :P

Updated by anonymous

I've used a handle around the internet for about a decade that ended in wolf, but I decided I didn't want that name--that my family knew about--to be associated with 'naughty places'.. so mulled and finally says "SnowWolf!'

...I'd I'd known I'd end up caring as much about this lace, I would have come up with something a little more fitting and a little more UNIQUE.

It annoys me that I can't go onto furaffinity, and deviant art and other places and sign up as SnowWolf to properly represent *me*, for when I go to contact artists and such.

Updated by anonymous

Actini said:
Didn't the Nostalgia Critic already cover this?

He's addressed the "all queens are evil" skit, IIRC. I do wish he'd do an episode about My Little Pony though, that would be awesome...

Updated by anonymous

Shatari said:
He's addressed the "all queens are evil" skit, IIRC. I do wish he'd do an episode about My Little Pony though, that would be awesome...

I don't think he would ever do one. First of, he doesn't really have knowlegde of the actual original show, which would seem something the NChick would cover, Secnod it's hardly a nostalgic cartoon, since it's barely run a year or so by now. maybe if he did a Old vs. New of it. But yeah, it would be sweet. If we're lucky, someone else from the TGWTG crew will take a look at it. A fair number of them actually do like the show. But that's just my two cents in the case.

Updated by anonymous

I like the subtle play on words, and it wasn't likely to be taken.

Updated by anonymous

My name is Tony and I made it up when I played Runescape (when it was still Classic) and I've used it for everything since.

Updated by anonymous

Take a French guy who tries to integrate the english community + the fact he is a Japanese wannabe + 5 minutes to create a random japanese-like username = Neitsuke :>

Updated by anonymous

tony311 said:
My name is Tony and I made it up when I played Runescape (when it was still Classic) and I've used it for everything since.

Runescape classic. Hells yeah.

Updated by anonymous

A highly unclever play on my more common online tag.

If you've seen me elsewhere you can probably put two and two together.

I've actually posted an etymology of that username on another forum. I'm curious to see if anyone can find it.

Updated by anonymous

I found my username on an internet cafe, the guy who had used the computer before me had used it as a login in some game. I thought it was nice so I stole it.

Updated by anonymous

My username comes partly from the band Disturbed, but mostly from my tendency to vanish in the middle of a conversation.

Updated by anonymous

Ami~

Contributor

I hold this name near and dear to me because, not only is it the name I gave to my most favorite pet dog I had as a child, it's the one I've used the most, and a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

Updated by anonymous

'cos I like blazikens, and I have a temper. Simple 'nuff.

Updated by anonymous

ExplosiveBlaziken said:
'cos I like blazikens, and I have a temper. Simple 'nuff.

Bitch doesn't give self enough credit.
I liek my wimminz like I liek my fuses :
short, fast, and ready to blow!

Updated by anonymous

Name is entirely random, but the first use of it was for a green eyrie/gryphon at Neopets. Somehow got a mention in story which isn't exactly affliated with me too. (then again, my account there got hijacked, so..)

Updated by anonymous

Princess_Celestia said:
I am princess celestia, I am a princess, who controls the sun. There ya go.

Eh, aren't you a queen?

Updated by anonymous

Lyokira said:
Eh, aren't you a queen?

BUT QUEENS ARE EVIL

SO SAYETH DISNEY

Updated by anonymous

I just thought that I may as well have an account, so I thought of the first thing that popped into my head.

I sorely regret that decision. :c

Updated by anonymous

ExplosiveBlaziken said:
BUT QUEENS ARE EVIL

SO SAYETH DISNEY

...

Your point being?

Updated by anonymous

From a unit in the xbox game Gladius.

The Murmillo unit was a power house, top notch great all around unit. Back them up with a spell caster (healer) or two and they just dominated.

Hence, Murmillos.
Tho, if I need to RP a female character, my fem alternate name is Murnakia.

Updated by anonymous

Murmillos said:
From a unit in the xbox game Gladius.

The Murmillo unit was a power house, top notch great all around unit. Back them up with a spell caster (healer) or two and they just dominated.

Hence, Murmillos.
Tho, if I need to RP a female character, my fem alternate name is Murnakia.

What if we call you Murrmillos?

Updated by anonymous

ktkr

Former Staff

Lack of inspiration, forcing a new nickname, wiki entry on 2chan slang.

Updated by anonymous

Actini said:
What if we call you Murrmillos?

lol.. if you want to roll your r's, go for it. :P

Updated by anonymous

Actini said:
What if we call you Murrmillos?

You mean Murrypurryfurrymillos.

Updated by anonymous

Well I was originally thinking of something along the lines of "FlavourfulSodomite" but the bloodied remnants of my sense of decency prompted me to opt for something a little more unassuming: that being a literal take on the requested form of identification.

Updated by anonymous

My username is a series of contradictions. I am null, and I am twofour, and I am twofour-in-binary, where there is no twofour.

I also accidentallypurposely have the samedifferent values here and on dalnetdarkmystsynircfurnetIRC.

Updated by anonymous

My name was a random jumble of letters I shoved together of no particular significance for a Redwall fan character in 2001 that's stuck ever since. I was rather young at the time and didn't really realize till later it was two letters away from a body part that everyone keeps calling me. >:[

Updated by anonymous

I am pretty sure that there is the word Aer, probably heard it somewhere. But, wanted Heracles but feminine and tried Hera somewhere (apparently it is also a Greek name :| ) but it was taken so Hera -> Aerah.

Additionally I am en self-centered fucktard in some sort of an elegant way, so Eleganta.

Updated by anonymous

There once was a game called Parasite Eve II, and in that game there was a gun, and underneath that gun, attached to the bottom of the barrel was a flamethrower. The name of that flamethrower was "Pyke"

Ta-da!

I love fire, so I figured it was a perfect fit for an online alias.

Updated by anonymous

the first three letters of my first, middle, and last name put together.

Luvell Dapsone Orne. Kinda funny now that i think of it.

Updated by anonymous

Princess Luna is my favorite character from MLP:FiM, so when I saw that there was a Princess Celestia running around, I decided to jump in on it!

And it's been awesome~

Updated by anonymous

Princess_Luna said:
Princess Luna is my favorite character from MLP:FiM, so when I saw that there was a Princess Celestia running around, I decided to jump in on it!

And it's been awesome~

Dude, she gets like one line. In one episode.

Updated by anonymous

my username is based on my love of cookies, my favorite animal, and combining the two...since then cookie kangaroo has become my fursona, even though it was originally a wolf/dragon/deer hybrid.

Updated by anonymous

cookiekangaroo said:
my username is based on my love of cookies, my favorite animal, and combining the two...since then cookie kangaroo has become my fursona, even though it was originally a wolf/dragon/deer hybrid.

What a coincidence, kangaroos are riversyde's favorite animals too! You two should hang out.

Updated by anonymous

ippiki_ookami said:
What a coincidence, kangaroos are riversyde's favorite animals too! You two should hang out.

Don't fall for it.
You'll end up with pee in your butt.

Updated by anonymous

ippiki_ookami said:
Dude, she gets like one line. In one episode.

Tell it to Derpy Hooves. She appeared for a split second in that SAME episode, and has NO lines.

Updated by anonymous

ippiki_ookami said:
What a coincidence, kangaroos are riversyde's favorite animals too! You two should hang out.

Actini said:
Don't fall for it.
You'll end up with pee in your butt.

*pfffhrhrhchrk-*

Updated by anonymous

I needed a name and I only had one hand on the keyboard.

Updated by anonymous

Sarvix said:
My name was a random jumble of letters I shoved together of no particular significance for a Redwall fan character in 2001 that's stuck ever since. I was rather young at the time and didn't really realize till later it was two letters away from a body part that everyone keeps calling me. >:[

Well blood an vinegar you scoffing old feed-bag! I too love Redwall! Brian Jacques is one of my favorites.

Updated by anonymous

Pyke said:
There once was a game called Parasite Eve II, and in that game there was a gun, and underneath that gun, attached to the bottom of the barrel was a flamethrower. The name of that flamethrower was "Pyke"

Ta-da!

I love fire, so I figured it was a perfect fit for an online alias.

PEII was one of the best games I ever played. that final boss... the giant baby... majorly epic. And getting to platy back through the game starting with a bad-ass shotgun was fun too. Ever play Martian Gothic? Not as good, but a great game as well.

luvdaporn said:
the first three letters of my first, middle, and last name put together.

Luvell Dapsone Orne. Kinda funny now that i think of it.

And here I thought you "love the porn".

Updated by anonymous

well....there was once a game called conkers bad fur day one of the greatest games in existince hence the name conkerfan.(curse you microsoft for F#%$%ing with it >_< with that remake conker live and reloaded. )also there was a legend of zelda style game that came before called conkers pocket tales which was a kids game with enteresting twist and turns, rare at some deceded that for the better conker needed to grow and therefore turned a kids game into a grown up game,kids can still play it though(not for those under the of 8(rough speaking)6 and 7 are too much of a tender age) and there you have it hence the name conkerfan.^_^

Updated by anonymous

conkerfan said:
well....there was once a game called conkers bad fur day one of the greatest games in existince hence the name conkerfan.(curse you microsoft for F#%$%ing with it >_< with that remake conker live and reloaded. )also there was a legend of zelda style game that came before called conkers pocket tales which was a kids game with enteresting twist and turns, rare at some deceded that for the better conker needed to grow and therefore turned a kids game into a grown up game,kids can still play it though(not for those under the of 8(rough speaking)6 and 7 are too much of a tender age) and there you have it hence the name conkerfan.^_^

I... Am.. THE GREAT MIGHTY POOOOO!!!!!

Updated by anonymous

swamprootwolf said:
I... Am.. THE GREAT MIGHTY POOOOO!!!!!

he was the best

and I"M...GOING....TO.....THROW...MY....SHIT....AT YOOOOUUUUU!!!!

Updated by anonymous

conkerfan said:
he was the best

and I"M...GOING....TO.....THROW...MY....SHIT....AT YOOOOUUUUU!!!!

A huge supply of tiiish, comes from my chocolate starfiiish,
How about some scat, you little twat

Updated by anonymous

conkers bad fur day greateset game
greatest multiplayer,character,story in existince ^_^

Updated by anonymous

conkerfan said:
conkers bad fur day greateset game
greatest multiplayer,character,story in existince ^_^

This.

Updated by anonymous

Decided I needed a different username than my usual one, so I tried to take the name of one of my favorite characters from BlazBlue. Except I evidently couldn't spell Valkenhayn. Not my finest moment.

Updated by anonymous

I live near Philadelphia and I love the Phillies baseball team. Their mascot is called the Phillie Phanatic, so I thought I would mess around with it and I came up with Furry Fanatic (with correct spelling). See post #147825 for reference.

Updated by anonymous

Furry_Fanatic said:
I live near Philadelphia and I love the Phillies baseball team. Their mascot is called the Phillie Phanatic, so I thought I would mess around with it and I came up with Furry Fanatic (with correct spelling). See post #147825 for reference.

By chance would it happen to be west of Philadelphia?

Updated by anonymous

KloH0und said:
Perhaps where you were born and raised?

Maybe where you were chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool?

Updated by anonymous

swamprootwolf said:
Well blood an vinegar you scoffing old feed-bag! I too love Redwall! Brian Jacques is one of my favorites.

I honestly think that he is the reason I'm a furry. Reading his books in middle school, for some reason I always saw tiny hints of sexual hints in his books. I was probably just stupid, haha. Anyways, then I found the fandom, and those kinda came true... In a way.

Updated by anonymous

My name comes from how much of a different person I am in the day then at night. Considering at night was when I used to go online and go on furry websites, such as Yiffstar. Also, I love raccoons <3

Updated by anonymous

Nightcoon said:
I honestly think that he is the reason I'm a furry. Reading his books in middle school, for some reason I always saw tiny hints of sexual hints in his books. I was probably just stupid, haha. Anyways, then I found the fandom, and those kinda came true... In a way.

LOL! While i saw lots of sexual scenes and innuendos in Piers Anthony's books, I didn't quite catch them in Jacques work. Maybe I wasn't reading them closely enough.

Updated by anonymous

Princess_Luna said:
By chance would it happen to be west of Philadelphia?

Actually, I live outside of Philadelphia but close enough to say I live near it.

Updated by anonymous

Nightcoon said:
I honestly think that he is the reason I'm a furry. Reading his books in middle school, for some reason I always saw tiny hints of sexual hints in his books. I was probably just stupid, haha. Anyways, then I found the fandom, and those kinda came true... In a way.

I must have read just Salamandastron a dozen times when I was that age. I once could claim (and did so proudly) that I owned and had read every book in the Redwall series. I guess that was only 7 books back then, though. Harumph.

Though, I blame my fandom on Disney. Robin Hood hooked me at an early age.

Updated by anonymous

swamprootwolf said:
LOL! While i saw lots of sexual scenes and innuendos in Piers Anthony's books, I didn't quite catch them in Jacques work. Maybe I wasn't reading them closely enough.

I think it was puberty and hormones for me... In a weird way. '>>

Updated by anonymous