Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: Collection of Interesting Information and Forum Threads!

Posted under General

As the OP says, this is a collection of rules, guides, and otherwise interesting information concerning e621 and the usage of it.

If you have any guides or topics to add please post them in here and I will include them in the OP.

If you have any questions regarding anything on e6, that are too small for their own thread, then please ask them here and we will answer!

Updated by anonymous

Well, that sure gets rid of like 75% of the sticky clutter on the first page. Nice.

Updated by anonymous

Is there an article regarding approver discretion? I imagine it would help avoid some of the users posting threads about it.

Updated by anonymous

Furrin_Gok said:
Is there an article regarding approver discretion? I imagine it would help avoid some of the users posting threads about it.

It's the uploading guidelines.

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:
It's the uploading guidelines.

I meant mod-to-mod basis. One mod might approve, while another deletes. Especially if it's a set of images from the same location, all uploaded in a short span, if most of them get approved by one person, but a couple get deleted by another?

Updated by anonymous

Furrin_Gok said:
I meant mod-to-mod basis. One mod might approve, while another deletes. Especially if it's a set of images from the same location, all uploaded in a short span, if most of them get approved by one person, but a couple get deleted by another?

I don't follow. Those are the guidelines, if you feel we have made an error following those then please bring it up with us. There is nothing else to it.

Updated by anonymous

I'd rather have all that in the feedback thread, it doesn't make sense to have a feedback thread and then specifically another for feedback on the site's performance.

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:
I'd rather have all that in the feedback thread, it doesn't make sense to have a feedback thread and then specifically another for feedback on the site's performance.

I dunno, I would think it might be interesting to keep since they usually seem to be completely unrelated. Otherwise we might as well lock the performance thread and redirect people to the general feedback thread instead.

Updated by anonymous

Hudson

Former Staff

Got any questions that are left unanswered?

If you have any questions regarding anything on e6, that are too small for their own thread, then please ask them here and we will answer!

I doubt if this collection of forums is really the place for user questions. We could just start a new forum titled something like Drop your questions about e621 here! and add the forum link to this list (or sticky it) or allow users to ask questions on the thread with the guide forum I'm busy working on.

Updated by anonymous

Is there a way to end the hyperlink DText other than a space? I want to be able to stick a colon at the end and have the colon be plaintext, not a link or part of the URL, but it gets engulfed and becomes the URL instead of the visible text.

Updated by anonymous

I have a question regarding items acceptable to upload - basically, I'd like some clarification/expansion to be sure I understand it properly. Whom should I message? Thanks.

Updated by anonymous

I wonder if there is a way to implement tags for personal use in sets pages as I see there a trending tag section built in.

Updated by anonymous

if my works keeps geting deleted randomly and no one of the admins or staff answers my PM, can i ask here why??????????? or is there a tread for that that i dont know????????????

Updated by anonymous

Question: Since we currently haven't a formal way to suggest aliases/implications canceling, or suggest an alias for two tags already involved in an implication (and vice-versa), what about to put in this thread the links for those informal suggestions? This way, they don't end up completely lost.

Updated by anonymous

O16 said:
Question: Since we currently haven't a formal way to suggest aliases/implications canceling, or suggest alias for two tags already involved in an implication (and vice-versa), what about to put in this thread the links for those informal suggestions? This way, they don't end up completely lost.

I'd say make a new stickied thread for that, possibly separating between the or.

Updated by anonymous

So I get that we have a wiki page for uploading guidelines, but to be fair some guidelines (Quality standards in particular) are subjective to a degree. Would it be ok to have a stickied thread made specifically for feedback on individual pieces or galleries?

I feel like this would help new users and artists determine if what they want to upload is acceptable in a more clear and responsive way than what is provided on the guidelines page.

I'm hoping that a thread like this will also reduce the amount of 'why was my stuff deleted?' threads as well since someone could be directed there and get feedback from mods and peers alike.

Updated by anonymous

Since no janitor or higher manifested his/her/its opinion, I will just put here a (currently incomplete) list of links for informal suggestions; it may be relocated in the future if necessary.

Informal aliases:

Updated by anonymous

O16 said:
Since no janitor or higher manifested his/her/its opinion, I will just put here a (currently incomplete) list of links for informal suggestions; it may be relocated in the future if necessary.

Informal aliases

forum #224783
forum #222888
forum #221001
forum #217060
forum #208325
forum #177389

Informal implications

forum #225453
forum #217960

Un-aliases

forum #226433
forum #226363
forum #225845
forum #225355
forum #223354
forum #222986
forum #222969
forum #221617

Un-implications

forum #225992
forum #225958
forum #223741
forum #187522
forum #212977

Exchange (I → A)

forum #225671
forum #225596

Exchange (A → I)

-------

Reversing aliases

forum #221522

Reversing implications

-------

Others

forum #225477
forum #219577
forum #216086

Mispelt "implications".

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:
As the OP says, this is a collection of rules, guides, and otherwise interesting information concerning e621 and the usage of it.

If you have any guides or topics to add please post them in here and I will include them in the OP.

If you have any questions regarding anything on e6, that are too small for their own thread, then please ask them here and we will answer!

Say you want art for a story, and you ask by creating a forum topic, or perhaps creating a forum topic to help inspire people for art or comics, is that allowed?

Updated by anonymous

PropheticKaiju said:
Say you want art for a story, and you ask by creating a forum topic, or perhaps creating a forum topic to help inspire people for art or comics, is that allowed?

No, not really.

Updated by anonymous

Something occurred to me. Every so often, in the forums we get a thread suggesting a feature request that has already been denied for one reason or another. Rather than let these duplicate threads keep popping up, would it be possible to make a seperate thread listing proposed features that have been denied with a general reason why the request was turned down and then link that thread here (possibly under "the technical side of e621")? I can't think of any examples atm, but it might help reduce the clutter in the forums in the future.

Updated by anonymous

UnusualParadox said:
Something occurred to me. Every so often, in the forums we get a thread suggesting a feature request that has already been denied for one reason or another. Rather than let these duplicate threads keep popping up, would it be possible to make a seperate thread listing proposed features that have been denied with a general reason why the request was turned down and then link that thread here (possibly under "the technical side of e621")? I can't think of any examples atm, but it might help reduce the clutter in the forums in the future.

Admins would have to add things themselves; people should really just be using the search feature and looking for it.

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:

If you have any questions regarding anything on e6, that are too small for their own thread, then please ask them here and we will answer!

How do you move a note? I made one but it's in the wrong place on the post:/

Updated by anonymous

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
How do you move a note? I made one but it's in the wrong place on the post:/

1. click and drag note to it's correct place, adjust it's size from the little thing in corner
2. hover the note
3. click the text to open the text editing vindow
4. click save

Updated by anonymous

Commander_Eggplant said:
1. click and drag note to it's correct place, adjust it's size from the little thing in corner
2. hover the note
3. click the text to open the text editing vindow
4. click save

Huh. Click and drag (tap and drag, I'm on iPad) doesn't work for me. Maybe the whole iPad thing is the problem.

Updated by anonymous

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Maybe the whole iPad thing is the problem.

That is correct. It might work if you can connect a bluetooth mouse to it, but that's a big maybe.

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:
That is correct. It might work if you can connect a bluetooth mouse to it, but that's a big maybe.

Eh. If I really need to I have a computer to connect with. Basically, since the time my programming teacher did a Google search on my computer and got the search suggestion "sylveon sex", (either she didn't notice or she didn't care, luckily) I try to keep these kinds of things on my iPad, since others rarely look at it.

Edit: sorry if that was tmi.

Updated by anonymous

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Eh. If I really need to I have a computer to connect with. Basically, since the time my programming teacher did a Google search on my computer and got the search suggestion "sylveon sex", (either she didn't notice or she didn't care, luckily) I try to keep these kinds of things on my iPad, since others rarely look at it.

Edit: sorry if that was tmi.

Wait, do you have a tutor who goes to your own house or are you using a public computer to run searches?

If it's the former, you can always use a separate browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera) for your e621 searches, or otherwise use Private/Incognito browsing.
If it's the latter, you really shouldn't be using public computers for such a thing.

Updated by anonymous

Furrin_Gok said:
Wait, do you have a tutor who goes to your own house or are you using a public computer to run searches?

If it's the former, you can always use a separate browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera) for your e621 searches, or otherwise use Private/Incognito browsing.
If it's the latter, you really shouldn't be using public computers for such a thing.

School laptop, but it's my own now since I graduated. And yup, that was stupid XP

Updated by anonymous

I apologize for that photographed post that I uploaded awhile ago, I think I’m the first member to do that, but anyway I made that mistake because I didn’t think about it, I simply won’t do that.

Updated by anonymous

IllinoisBoi1 said:
I apologize for that photographed post that I uploaded awhile ago, I think I’m the first member to do that, but anyway I made that mistake because I didn’t think about it, I simply won’t do that.

You really are not the first or last one: delreason:photo
(some deletions aren't included as they might've been deleted for just quality reason)

Also you only have one single post deletion, that's nothing to sweat over for especially with this clear case.

Updated by anonymous

Mario69 said:
You really are not the first or last one: delreason:photo
(some deletions aren't included as they might've been deleted for just quality reason)

Also you only have one single post deletion, that's nothing to sweat over for especially with this clear case.

Yeah, I’m not annoyed about that anymore, I get like that sometimes because I not used to being on a strict website, but as long as I don’t go crazy it’s fine. :)

Updated by anonymous

darryus said:
order:id_asc and order:id do the exact same things

Oh right, id_asc would tecnically be standard considering standard is reversed id

Updated by anonymous

What do you understand as other tags? Wildcards work with all normal tags as is.

Updated by anonymous

NotMeNotYou said:
What do you understand as other tags? Wildcards work with all normal tags as is.

Oh sorry, I was trying to exclude a wildcard search, that's what didn't work. Guessing meta-meta-tags in general don't.

Updated by anonymous

Does the automatic moderator delete every unapproved image at the end of 30 or so days, or just the ones under a certain score/favorite/comment/etc. threshold?

Updated by anonymous

klorpa said:
Does the automatic moderator delete every unapproved image at the end of 30 or so days, or just the ones under a certain score/favorite/comment/etc. threshold?

What automatic moderator? All posts are manually reviewed. There are no thresholds, a post's score, favorite, and comment count have no bearing on whether it ends up being approved or deleted.

Updated by anonymous

darryus said:
What automatic moderator? All posts are manually reviewed. There are no thresholds, a post's score, favorite, and comment count have no bearing on whether it ends up being approved or deleted.

There's a new automod that deletes after 30 days have gone by, along with the Automatic Removal: Does not meet minimum quality standards (In approval queue for 30 days.) reasoning, I've noticed some of my unapproved images in acceptance limbo have been deleted by them. They're a relatively new account, created in August, but the auto deletion via being 30 days in queue is a new action from them.

Anyways, it seems to be a new way the mods are clearing out the approval queue backlog; my guess is that perhaps it's there if mods are conflicted about an approval and can't come to an agreement to approve or delete.

Updated by anonymous

DiceLovesBeingBlown said:
There's a new automod that deletes after 30 days have gone by, along with the Automatic Removal: Does not meet minimum quality standards (In approval queue for 30 days.) reasoning, I've noticed some of my unapproved images in acceptance limbo have been deleted by them. They're a relatively new account, created in August, but the auto deletion via being 30 days in queue is a new action from them.

Anyways, it seems to be a new way the mods are clearing out the approval queue; my guess is that perhaps it's there if mods are conflicted about an approval and can't come to an agreement to approve or delete.

Huh...
I guess I was just totally unaware of this thing, I guess it's probably since I don't upload anything; still feel like I would have seen something of it prior to now, like a news post or something...

Updated by anonymous

darryus said:
Huh...
I guess I was just totally unaware of this thing, I guess it's probably since I don't upload anything; still feel like I would have seen something of it prior to now, like a news post or something...

Yeah I never saw a news post of it. It may have been in one I missed or something, but otherwise it just kinda randomly popped up in my view once it got rid of some of my stuck-in-approval-limbo posts.

Updated by anonymous

Is there a way to end the hyperlink DText other than a space? I want to be able to stick a colon at the end and have the colon be plaintext, not a link or part of the URL, but it gets engulfed and becomes the URL instead of the visible text.

Do we have a thread for general questions that could relate to tagging? Like, "does this character have a name", "what is this article of clothing called", "what kind of body texture usually gets used for this species", simple stuff that aren't worth a dedicated thread.

strikerman said:
Do we have a thread for general questions that could relate to tagging? Like, "does this character have a name", "what is this article of clothing called", "what kind of body texture usually gets used for this species", simple stuff that aren't worth a dedicated thread.

The Do we have a tag for that thread.

strikerman said:
Ah, wasn't sure if that could be used for general stuff.

At least for the "what is this article of clothing called" kind of questions, that's where I'd assume it can be asked. Maybe not for asking about a character's name, though I wouldn't know where else to ask that either.

  • 1