Topic: "Do we have a tag for that" thread

Posted under Tag/Wiki Projects and Questions

Is there a specific tag for scenarios where clothing is caught in something (like a door for example)?
And if there isn't one, could there be a tag made for it like "snagged" or "snagged_clothing" (or even both)?
I uploaded a pic just now that has that sort of scenario, and I was kind of lost on what sort of tag to add for such a thing.

snpthecat said:
But girly is meant to be used for male / male-adjacent genders only? And femboy is already aliased to girly?

While not entirely consistent with the direction of the alias, the aliases show they're referring to the same thing.

Girly & tomboy are there because it's meant to describe characters that are acting/dressing/have a body type like the opposite gender

I'm saying that's an issue, because you can be a girl and be girly, and you can be a boy and be boyish. Being a femboy does by definition mean you are girly, but being girly does not by definition mean you are a femboy. Likewise being a tomboy does by definition mean you are boyish, but being boyish does not by definition mean you are a tomboy. I want the tag separated because I want to be able to search for boys that are boyish without the system assuming I want to look for tomboys.

simski said:
I'm saying that's an issue, because you can be a girl and be girly, and you can be a boy and be boyish. Being a femboy does by definition mean you are girly, but being girly does not by definition mean you are a femboy. Likewise being a tomboy does by definition mean you are boyish, but being boyish does not by definition mean you are a tomboy. I want the tag separated because I want to be able to search for boys that are boyish without the system assuming I want to look for tomboys.

We don't tag defaults. You can also do -girly or -tomboy with male or female respectively.

snpthecat said:
We don't tag defaults. You can also do -girly or -tomboy with male or female respectively.

Since when, isn't tagging something as male or female a default? Aren't we supposed to tag what we see?
Also I'm saying it's not default, especially not on this website where fetishes and stylization is the norm. It's literally harder for me to find boyish boys with tags than than it is to find boyish girls. It's literally harder for me to find boyish boys than it is to find girly boys. This is a failure of how the tags work. It is not helping people find stuff, it's making it harder to find stuff.

Also the term "manly" is what I consider a default for grown up men, I still see that tag around. I however don't want to search for manly men, I don't want to search for girly men, and I don't want to search for boyish girls. I want to be able to search for boyish boys, and there is no tag for that because that tag is wrongly defaulted to "tomboy".

Like I'm not some weird fetishist and that's the only thing I can get off to, but it is a thing that I like that I have noticed this website does not allow you to search for due to a failure in how this tag is handled.

Also if for some reason this tag SHOULDN'T be allowed to tag boys, then for the sake of consistency the girly tag should also alias to femboy and the manly tag should not be applicable to females.

simski said:
Since when, isn't tagging something as male or female a default? Aren't we supposed to tag what we see?

We don't tag hand, eyelid, limb, eyes, alive, corporeal, etc. If there's a character, it's a characteristic that they're expected to have.

There's 7 "genders" you can tag, and while not equally likely, none of them are expected as defaults.

It is not a default. Male characters are just as likely to be manly or girly on this website. There are also other personality types that can also not be seen as boyish. There is literally no tags for me to consistently find boyish characters that aren't female.

snpthecat said:
We don't tag hand, eyelid, limb, eyes, alive, corporeal, etc. If there's a character, it's a characteristic that they're expected to have.

There's 7 "genders" you can tag, and while not equally likely, none of them are expected as defaults.

Then just like those 7 genders, there's lots of different personality types. Just because a character is male doesn't mean they are boyish. It should be tagged when they are boyish, because there are LOTS of other things that character could be.

Also boyish aliasing to tomboy is LITERALLY as if girly aliased to femboy.
The tags are inconsistent. Either make boyish its own descriptor like the girly tag currently is, or make girly alias to femboy the same way the boyish tag alias to tomboy. That would make the tag system worse for everyone, but at least it wouldn't be unfair anymore.

simski said:
It is not a default. Male characters are just as likely to be manly or girly on this website. There are also other personality types that can also not be seen as boyish. There is literally no tags for me to consistently find boyish characters that aren't female.

Oh you're trying to get something closer to boy, not just male. Well yeah it's lacking.

snpthecat said:
Oh you're trying to get something closer to boy, not just male. Well yeah it's lacking.

Thank you, yes!

simski said:
Also boyish aliasing to tomboy is LITERALLY as if girly aliased to femboy.
The tags are inconsistent. Either make boyish its own descriptor like the girly tag currently is, or make girly alias to femboy the same way the boyish tag alias to tomboy. That would make the tag system worse for everyone, but at least it wouldn't be unfair anymore.

girly and femboy literally are aliased together, though?

sipothac said:
girly and femboy literally are aliased together, though?

Damn that's stupid, what a waste of a tag. Removing half of all its uses just to make things easier for people who are lazy with tagging.

post #4265006
A 'feral child' in literal sense. As in, a human(oid)/anthro child acting feral. I need to undo the edit, but not sure what tag to use to replace them with. It is NOT feral and child, as normally used on this site. Is there some kind of tag for being feral in the mental sense?

Do we have a tag for psych ward grippy socks? Socks with little plastic bits underneath. Also known as "hospital socks".

Is there a tag for when a character is unsure about another character’s gender? As in based on their looks

Is there a Tag for when is a female character being penetrated by a feral horse? I've facing those contents all the time and I don't know what tag to put to avoid this without removing all/some feral/non-feral or feral tags.

lorehokkamek said:
Is there a Tag for when is a female character being penetrated by a feral horse? I've facing those contents all the time and I don't know what tag to put to avoid this without removing all/some feral/non-feral or feral tags.

Female character of any species?
there's feral_penetrating_female equine_penis, not sure if feral_penetrating_female will stay but it seems to be here for now.

Watsit

Privileged

skinnyjeansowo said:
Is there a tag for when someone rubs their comically large cock against someone’s whole body?

bodyjob is probably the closest concept for that.

alphamule

Privileged

For a secret 'stache, as mentioned here ? It's related as I don't see any tags for specific shaving (or growth because of TWYS) patterns like that.
I was editing pubic pattern and wondering if there's something like chest hair pattern. Is pattern the right word?
Shaving patterns are a hugely underappreciated fetish, I guess.

Do we have one for pants, panties, etc. that are only slightly pulled down (enough to expose parts of the crotch but not enough to expose the genitals)?
post #4280857

The description of transformation_through_sex defines it as "Transformations that happen during and/or are caused by sexual activity. [...]

Is there a tag or tag combination to exclude the "caused by" and only have the "happen during"? (I understand that the former encompasses the latter)

As in, could I have it so I only see situations where someone is not transformed because of the sex, but is either A) is having sex but then transforms/grows (maybe someone is a shapeshifter and shifts while close to orgasming), or B) is already transforming and has sex while they transform. At the very least, what can I do to exclude species assimilation/clone tf?

What I want to include:
post #4280750 post #3257242 post #1480290

what I want to exclude:
post #4280705 post #4087241 post #4074747

Watsit

Privileged

junktruck said:
The description of transformation_through_sex defines it as "Transformations that happen during and/or are caused by sexual activity. [...]

Is there a tag or tag combination to exclude the "caused by" and only have the "happen during"? (I understand that the former encompasses the latter)

They're largely indistinguishable from a TWYS perspective. I don't see a distinction with your examples, for instance; there's no indication the transformation is caused by sexual activity in the latter three any more than the former 3. There is imminent_sex and after_sex, but if a character transforms during sex it's nearly impossible to tell what exactly causes it.

This is mistagged wolverine (species) instead of Wolverine (Angry Canadian) but I'm not sure what to tag it /as/. Personally it looks too human to be here, but I guess because he has pointy ears it's demihuman or elf or whatnot. https://e621.net/posts/63809

would eared dragons fall under non-mammal_ears?
i find them deeply unfortunate but as per being strictly fictional creatures that are usually shapeshifters and in possession of mammal traits i find that tag inappropriate / hard to use. any suggestions? not quite as intuitive as tagging sharks / "requiem_sharks" imo.

Is there a tag for when a character realizes another one has an erection? Something like notices_bulge or omgdyhab

Is there a tag for having a male character's anus visible during straight sex? Closest I can seem to get is "male/female backsack anus" but it's not a perfect search for that.

Should a tag like transformation_app be used for ALL transformation via app scenarios, and switcher-roo only used for the specific one that is branded as such and was invented by Tyroo?

Also, if that was the case, it would make sense for switcher-roo to imply transformation_app, and both to imply transformation_through_technology, I think.

sipothac said:
I believe that the tag would be whale_tail although it seems to be undertagged and also it's kind of a mess, for obvious reasons.

You are right it's whale_tail, it's a bit more popular in other sites such as gelbooru.

I can’t believe “doesn’t fit” isn’t a tag here. I guess it’s true. It always does

It occurs to me it makes sense why there arent dominant_X tags for species, but it would go so far for improving search results without loosing out on images by searching dominant_prey or pred/prey or -X Species by having literally just dominant_equid, dominant_canid, and dominant_dragon because species dynamics arent relevant. I am aware that this would set a precedent for all species tags / dynamics, so is there a practical alternative? like:
(-dominant_canid -dominant_dragon felid)
would be easy to tag whilst clarifying posts alot without encouraging 3 seperate queries to cover what you might've missed in that one search.
is there some tag with similar utility i'm missing?

Updated

Is there a metatag for posts which are uploaded by a linked artist (and with the artist's tag)?

is there a tag for character with legs the same like thickness all the way up?

^ The usual technical term is broken_lines but that doesn't exist. It also would overlap with the term 'lost edge', which .. also isn't a tag. Conclusion, probably not tagged.
(I don't think lost edges necessarily need to be tagged, because they are reasonably common, but broken lines are at least as notable as lineless which we do have a tag for.)

This could be difficult to tag correctly sometimes - if you consider a case where increasingly spaced out line segments are used to make the edge gradually blend in to the background, is that a lost edge, broken lines, dithering, halftone, screentone?

Do we have a tag or tag family for legal reform/laws getting changed?
I recently discovered the mandated_nudity and mandated_sex tags, which are great, but only cover situations where nudity is compelled by the law. I'd also like a tag to capture images like post #3878227 and other situations where the law becomes more kinky.

Since it's such a niche subject, if I need to create one I'm thinking public_decency_reform to catch both public nudity and public sex rather than separating them, and then an umbrella tag for general legal_reform to catch other things that don't fit in the first one. I am worried that if a legal_reform tag is created it will get more political opinion art than fetish art though.

I added these images and I wondered if there's a way to tag these features:

post #4317365 post #4317344

  • Is there a tag for "colored text on a monochrome/greyscale drawing"?
  • The leg image has "short" and "long" length lines that are used as a scale comparison - is there an existing tag that could be used to describe those? (For example, maybe there's already a tag for the distance scales you see on maps - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_scale - which might also fit this?)

Is there a tag or suggestions for group of tags to filter out cock vore (or really, any urethral penetration) where it goes directly into the balls? I don't think urethral_penetration -inside_balls really works since it'll also filter out the rare proper anatomic 'long route'. We need a tag like pee_is_stored_in_the_balls.

anonv2 said:
Is there a tag for those 'like and reblog this post to make character do/suffer 'thing'" posts?
Such as this one:
https://e621.net/posts/4325166

I'd like to be able to filter them properly.

I doubt it. It used to be strip meme but the trend has expanded to beyond removing clothes so it's not exactly applicable.

Question about tagging for post #1734362

We have a voyeur character masturbating while watching her sister fuck another character. Is that substantial enough for the general incest tag to apply? If not I think we need a specific tag for this kind of situation, something like voyeuristic_incest or incestuous_voyeur.

pleaseletmein said:
Question about tagging for post #1734362

We have a voyeur character masturbating while watching her sister fuck another character. Is that substantial enough for the general incest tag to apply? If not I think we need a specific tag for this kind of situation, something like voyeuristic_incest or incestuous_voyeur.

semi incest

pleaseletmein said:
Question about tagging for post #1734362

We have a voyeur character masturbating while watching her sister fuck another character. Is that substantial enough for the general incest tag to apply? If not I think we need a specific tag for this kind of situation, something like voyeuristic_incest or incestuous_voyeur.

I feel like if there's not some amount of mutualism in the voyeuristic act we don't usually add paring tags, which both incest and semi_incest effectively are. like, I don't think that we'd generally tag something like post #1271003 as f/f just because it shows one character watching another character shower, just like we wouldn't do the similar for someone watching pornography... but also it'd probably make sense to have a bit of leeway about what deserves the incest-related tags, so... I dunno.

sipothac said:
I feel like if there's not some amount of mutualism in the voyeuristic act we don't usually add paring tags, which both incest and semi_incest effectively are. like, I don't think that we'd generally tag something like post #1271003 as f/f just because it shows one character watching another character shower, just like we wouldn't do the similar for someone watching pornography... but also it'd probably make sense to have a bit of leeway about what deserves the incest-related tags, so... I dunno.

True, looking over semi incest again, it might apply for something like post #1734362, but it certainly wouldn't for something like post #604931. From what I can tell semi incest applies when two related characters are in a sexual situation together with at least one other unrelated character but show no sexual action or intent towards one another. There at least five different types of situations where I could see a tag like 'incestuous_voyeur' being helpful:

In post #1734362 we have Rarity masturbating to her sister Sweetie Belle fucking Trixie. She is well in view of them and her presence appears to be accepted. We could give her the benefit of the doubt and say she is masturbating to just Trixie, in which case semi incest would apply, but if she's masturbating to both of them (or just Sweetie Belle) I think full-on incest might apply(?) (I think that would count as mutual activity). We have no way of knowing either way so I think having 'incestuous_voyeur' or something similar as another 'softer' incest tag could be helpful.

In post #1498879 we have a similar situation, where Rarity is masturbating to Spike fucking her sister Sweetie Belle. Except this time she's spying on them through the door. I don't think semi incest would ever apply here because Rarity is not directly involved in the situation and the other parties are not aware of her (idk I might be wrong), and full on incest definitely wouldn't apply.

In post #604931 we have Twilight Sparkle masturbating while spying on her brother Shining Armor masturbating. This is the type of situation where I think 'incestuous voyeur' would be most helpful, full-on incest shouldn't be tagged here (and it isn't) because there's no actual mutual activity occurring, but there's definitely something incesty going on. It's a similar situation to incestuous fantasy.

In post #3996551 we have Isabelle getting off on listening in on her brother Digby masturbating with her panties and leggings. This is incestuous fantasy on Digby's part and would be 'incestuous_voyeur' on Isabelle's. This is close to being mutual activity but not quite, it's as close as you can get with an unseen voyeur. This is tagged as full on incest but I'm not sure it should be.

In post #1255725 we have an unnamed brother and sister pair watching each other masturbate. This is mutual activity and is rightfully tagged as incest, and 'incestuous_voyeur' could also apply here. (Speaking of which so we have a tag for this specific kind of group masturbation? If not, something like 'mutual_voyeurism' or 'watching_each_other' could maybe work).

Updated