Topic: General bug report thread - bugs here, bugs there, bugs everywhere, come here and report your bugs

Posted under Site Bug Reports & Feature Requests

Seems like removed tags don't show as strikethrough anymore in the tag history since the last site update.

labra said:
Seems like removed tags don't show as strikethrough anymore in the tag history since the last site update.

someone mistyped the CSS selectors when they moved over to the new setup for the diff list. they did .diff-list ins/del.obsolete a rather than .diff-list ins/del a.obsolete.
obsolete was a class of the a element, not the ins and del elements.

pasting the following into your custom CSS should fix it in the mean time:

.diff-list ins a.obsolete { color: #006400; text-decoration:line-through; }
.diff-list del a.obsolete { color: darkred; text-decoration:line-through; }

Who could that someone be 🤔. Someone mentioned it on the discord yesterday but it was already too late in the day for me to fix. I will do it sometime today.

randseed:N causes an 'unexpected error' when N >= 2^63. But some numbers > 2^63 are accepted. It also seems that N < 0 are accepted, and that -N produces a different series than plain N.
I guess the seed value should be either clipped ( (N >= 2^63 ? 2^63 : N) < -(2^63) ? -(2^63) : N , in C-ish terms.) or modulated.

Presumably the query uses 64-bit signed integers for the randomization; it would be nice to document the actual limits in the cheat sheet. Right now, I'm just guessing from my tests that seed value is in the range
[-9223372036854775808 .. 9223372036854775807] (corresponding to the range of a 64bit signed integer)

Example query that triggers the error: order:random randseed:9223372036854775808

(Note: No crash occurs if order:random is not used)

(EDIT 2024-03-04: looking at e621ng source -> query builder, it seems like the seed: value is converted using to_i. to_i seems to be a builtin ruby function with no limit on how big the number can be. So I guess whatever typing is used that produces this limitation is internal to ElasticSearch itself?)

Updated

I noticed that, at least, the extremedash tag has been made invalid. So all posts that were previously tagged with it are automatically blacklisted with an invalid_tag tag.

sparks127 said:
I noticed that, at least, the extremedash tag has been made invalid. So all posts that were previously tagged with it are automatically blacklisted with an invalid_tag tag.

Commissioner tags are aliased away to invalid tag as they are invalid. This is not a bug.
forum #390267

donovan_dmc said:
Commissioner tags are aliased away to invalid tag as they are invalid. This is not a bug.
forum #390267

I see, I guess the reason it's probably on my black list is because one of the commissioner tags is there? And I gotta find out which?

ethan95326 said:
On March 3, 2024, when I searched for -user:somekinky marsh_bunn, the site showed a total of these posts:
post #3897724 post #3897741 post #4044769 post #4294171 post #4388898 post #4580225 post #4595272 post #4601609 post #4628234
In theory, none of these 9 posts should have been uploaded by somekinky
But 3897724, 3897741, 4294171, 4388898, 4580225 and 4595272 are uploaded by somekinky, it's my first time to see this kind of bug on e621

This isn't really a bug, it's the way post replacements work. The post versions are not updated, but the actual uploader field is. The posts are no longer credited to them, they're now credited to Song. You can see these replacements under the "Replacements" link on the left side.

I'm now noticing that when viewing the edit history the - are nearly always becoming detached from the removed tag that they're preceding when the text needs to be moved to the next line leaving an orphaned - at the end of a line. I'm fairly certain that this wasn't something that happened in the past but I'm also unsure what would have changed on the site to cause it.

I'm more often then not unable to see anything get loaded in the thumbnail pages after I search things, same goes for when I click on an image. I've tried resetting my router, even clearing my cache, should I jut try again or is there something else I can do?

kadensyco said:
I'm more often then not unable to see anything get loaded in the thumbnail pages after I search things, same goes for when I click on an image. I've tried resetting my router, even clearing my cache, should I jut try again or is there something else I can do?

The site seems consistently slow to me lately.

I got my post thumbnails to work by blocking JavaScript in chrome site settings, though that costs me the account images and home screen image unfortunately.

Unsure if this is a bug or if it's already been mentioned, but after 25 thumbnails in any DText object, no more will be displayed.
New DText objects on the same page (like reply windows to multiple comments) are unaffected by the limit of previous ones.

Example

sanestvaporeonfan said:
Unsure if this is a bug or if it's already been mentioned, but after 25 thumbnails in any DText object, no more will be displayed.
New DText objects on the same page (like reply windows to multiple comments) are unaffected by the limit of previous ones.

This is intentional, I presume too many thumbnails eventually becomes a performance issue so it has to be capped somewhere.

Interestingly, it's not 25 everywhere. Wiki pages apparently allow 75 thumbnails, while post descriptions have their limit set to 0, not allowing any thumbnails at all.

Is it just me or has the spacing between the tags and the tag's post count decreased? Same with the verified checkmark basically touching the tag. (mobile)

Don't know if it's a bug or not but when I try to watch a post that has a webm it won't show the art but if it has sound it will play the sound.

Um why all of the comment had the letter L and R replaced by W ? Is anyone noticed?

xxxlordxxx said:
Um why all of the comment had the letter L and R replaced by W ? Is anyone noticed?

The hiwawity of this post seen out of context is wike this guy doen't knyow wettews... But just fow today.

benjiboyo said:
The hiwawity of this post seen out of context is wike this guy doen't knyow wettews... But just fow today.

Today? Because of the f001s? Is n'ot?

Is it true that the comments are messed up because of April fools? Or did E621 get hacked? All the comments are full of "owo", emojis and switching Rs for Ws.

atlbm said:
I have a question: Why are the comments scrambled???

Because of an Ap5i1 F001's concept, that is why.

slimyorange said:
Is it true that the comments are messed up because of April fools? Or did E621 get hacked? All the comments are full of "owo", emojis and switching Rs for Ws.

Yep

Damn April fool, because of this joke I closed all my pages I have more than retrier everything.

Updated

Is E6 supposed to be available in NC now? Or is this this symptomatic of a backend change for April Fool's? Seems unlikely to be intentional without an accompanying post.

So I don’t exactly know if this is a recent thing happening to me, but for some reason when I play a video, there’s a weird cracking and stuttering sound throughout the whole thing… I’ve tried restarting my phone closing safari and everything but it seems it’s just an e621 problem…

Although one thing I do notice that’s also been happening recently is when I play a video, then press the full screen button the screen goes black but the sound would still play (still with that stuttering sound of course) only when I exit full screen then press it again it would then work (still with the stuttering sound I cannot stress this enough) though sometimes when I press on different parts of the video to play it like the middle the sides or whatever sometimes it would work so I literally have no idea what’s been happening…

Also for clarification I’m using an iPhone for this and I haven’t tested it on a pc or anything (mainly because my pc is a piece of poopoo XD) but that’s all I’ve noticed… it only seems to happen when I’m using e621…

Please tell me there’s a fix for this? :(
I’ll try to explain if more details are needed!

alphamule

Privileged

gojisimp said:
So I don’t exactly know if this is a recent thing happening to me, but for some reason when I play a video, there’s a weird cracking and stuttering sound throughout the whole thing… I’ve tried restarting my phone closing safari and everything but it seems it’s just an e621 problem…

Although one thing I do notice that’s also been happening recently is when I play a video, then press the full screen button the screen goes black but the sound would still play (still with that stuttering sound of course) only when I exit full screen then press it again it would then work (still with the stuttering sound I cannot stress this enough) though sometimes when I press on different parts of the video to play it like the middle the sides or whatever sometimes it would work so I literally have no idea what’s been happening…

Also for clarification I’m using an iPhone for this and I haven’t tested it on a pc or anything (mainly because my pc is a piece of poopoo XD) but that’s all I’ve noticed… it only seems to happen when I’m using e621…

Please tell me there’s a fix for this? :(
I’ll try to explain if more details are needed!

Hmm, thought someone posted this issue in another thread. I'll go find it in a moment. This sounds a lot like the CODEC VP9 having problems on your device. Anyone know of specific video sites to test this with?

https://e621.net/forum_posts?commit=Search&search%5Btopic_title_matches%5D=playback Keywords like video show similar results for this topic.

So, I have a question: Is it intentional that if you have certain tags like order:filesize or filesize:10MB..12MB in a search, that there's no next or previous buttons on the post view above the image?

Updated

alphamule said:

So, I have a question: Is it intentional that if you have certain tags like order:filesize or filesize:10MB..12MB in a search, that there's no next or previous buttons on the post view above the image?

I assume it's intentional. If you have any ordering, even order:id_desc the default order, you lose access to previous and next buttons

Guess e6 rejected the AoC because things are not very well ordered

alphamule said:
So, I have a question: Is it intentional that if you have certain tags like order:filesize or filesize:10MB..12MB in a search, that there's no next or previous buttons on the post view above the image?

yeah, that's how its always been. it's just order:, though filesize:10MB..12MB and everything else all work fine, as far as I'm aware.
there was a bug a while back where there were buttons but it was just the nearest posts by ID rather than your current sorting method.

I think most of us are aware of this but I'm not sure if anyone has looked into fixing it.

an inline code object

starting a line causes the following text to be pushed to a new line.
preceding the object with any text, including a space makes this not happen.

this is kind of annoying behavior and it'd be nice if it was fixed.

I'm only making this for posterity now since it seems to be fixed and hoping to learn from it in the future if it happens again. The site was giving me a Failbooru "error" whenever I was logged in on my computer or logged out on the mobile version. Later on it changed to site maintenance. This went on for several hours.

taranuka said:
I'm only making this for posterity now since it seems to be fixed and hoping to learn from it in the future if it happens again. The site was giving me a Failbooru "error" whenever I was logged in on my computer or logged out on the mobile version. Later on it changed to site maintenance. This went on for several hours.

the failbooru is just a little joke error message they use that was actually from another site this one Is based on

fliphook said:
the failbooru is just a little joke error message they use that was actually from another site this one Is based on

Intriguing. So what was the cause of this error? I only encountered this after a 502 bad gateway Cloud error.

taranuka said:
Intriguing. So what was the cause of this error? I only encountered this after a 502 bad gateway Cloud error.

they haven't said yet although I haven't gone back to the e6 discid to see if they said anything about that yet

edit: i just checked and they are just being grateful its back right now. no news yet if they want say what it was

fliphook said:
they haven't said yet although I haven't gone back to the e6 discid to see if they said anything about that yet

edit: i just checked and they are just being grateful its back right now. no news yet if they want say what it was

Noted. Feel free to report back on it if the mods don't. I tried googling and nothing concrete defined the issue, might be unique to the site.

This is now "fixed". That's just not a very good search to make and times out most of the time. There was an error in the error handler that prevented a proper page to show up.

earlopain said:
This is now "fixed". That's just not a very good search to make and times out most of the time. There was an error in the error handler that prevented a proper page to show up.

Thank you for your work

I previously favorited the post 4067287, and now when I try to unfavorite it on mobile or desktop it only gives me the option to favorite it. When attempting to do that the error "error you have already favorited this post" comes up. Behind it for a split second it says that it is updating the post however many times I try to favorite it but it gets covered by the other error and gets cur off after that due to sizing.

ericbas said:
I previously favorited the post 4067287, and now when I try to unfavorite it on mobile or desktop it only gives me the option to favorite it. When attempting to do that the error "error you have already favorited this post" comes up. Behind it for a split second it says that it is updating the post however many times I try to favorite it but it gets covered by the other error and gets cur off after that due to sizing.

Sometimes favorites can get stuck like that. Go to this search: id:4067287, and on the left where it says "Mode", change it to unfavorite, then click/tap that post. Don't forget to change it back to "View" afterwards.